Guzan

Walker Richards Clark Robertson

Cleverly Westwood Delph

Grealish Sinclair

Austin

AVFC

No.

Oh Dear God No.

I was looking at that and I thought "Jesus, that's as bad as the team someone posted a few weeks back". Then I found the post...

GK ?

LB Taylor

RB ?

CB Richards

CB Caulker

CM Cleverly

LW Townsend

RW/LW Redmond

RW Sinclair

ST Austin

OUT bent,weiman,gabby,cole,nzogbia,sylla,given,senderos,lowton,Luna,Bennett,herd,cissokho

:lol:

Both of those teams he chose would be relegated :D !!! Seems he prefers vastly over-rated british players..

A bit like Tim Sherwood then.

Guzan

Walker Richards Clark Robertson

Cleverly Westwood Delph

Grealish Sinclair

Austin

AVFC

No.

Oh Dear God No.

I was looking at that and I thought "Jesus, that's as bad as the team someone posted a few weeks back". Then I found the post...

GK ?

LB Taylor

RB ?

CB Richards

CB Caulker

CM Cleverly

LW Townsend

RW/LW Redmond

RW Sinclair

ST Austin

OUT bent,weiman,gabby,cole,nzogbia,sylla,given,senderos,lowton,Luna,Bennett,herd,cissokho

[emoji38]

Both of those teams he chose would be relegated :D !!! Seems he prefers vastly over-rated british players..

A bit like Tim Sherwood then.

Would that be the same Tim Sherwood who has never purchased a player in his managerial career?

It would be the only Tim Sherwood I know of and the one who suggested the other day that since the influx of foreign players into the Premier league there are more losers in the game.

I think he does want to see English talent do well, and is maybe prepared to give them a chance more so than other managers. But I'm sure it wouldn't stop him shopping abroad if there's a good deal to be had. Let's see what he comes up with during the summer window.

I think he does want to see English talent do well, and is maybe prepared to give them a chance more so than other managers. But I'm sure it wouldn't stop him shopping abroad if there's a good deal to be had. Let's see what he comes up with during the summer window.

I think he still is living in the Blackburn timewarp. They won the prem with majority of English players. Trying to think of players blackburn actually had who were foreign. You wouldnt be able to do it these days.

• Like 1

I just can't see us finding another player that is even close to Benteke in terms of ability, especially within our budget.

Good job you aren't one of our scouts then Edited by nazvfc
  • Like 2

I just can't see us finding another player that is even close to Benteke in terms of ability, especially within our budget.

Good job you aren't one of our scouts then we have a setup that will look to find one. They are out there - unknowns who just may turn out to be as good as if not better. We found Yorke playing in the West Indies.

Let's see what happens paddy Reilly may just find someone but I for one won't be wringing my hands the club is bigger than any one player. We've lost players before Andy Gray, David platt, did cowans etc and bounced back.

Then again I'm an optimist when it comes to villa.

Good post Naz. Just give up Aston Villa. We will never win again.

Good job you aren't one of our scouts then we have a setup that will look to find one. They are out there - unknowns who just may turn out to be as good as if not better. We found Yorke playing in the West Indies.

Let's see what happens paddy Reilly may just find someone but I for one won't be wringing my hands the club is bigger than any one player. We've lost players before Andy Gray, David platt, did cowans etc and bounced back.

Then again I'm an optimist when it comes to villa.

Good post Naz. Just give up Aston Villa. We will never win again.

Your 2 statements totally contradict themselves.

I think he still is living in the Blackburn timewarp. They won the prem with majority of English players. Trying to think of players blackburn actually had who were foreign. You wouldnt be able to do it these days.
I truly believe one of the reasons Argentina, French, Germany, Spain and Brazil produce so many players is because their leagues are full of home grown talent. They have no choice other than to bring through youth players and over time players mature as they are given the chance and have no other option than to play. They are going to produce more as the law of averages makes it so.

Same as the Championship there are enough good players in there who are good enough for the Premier League and a lot of those cake from Premier League youth systems. One thing that Tim wants from our youth is desire, I think he thinks the quality it there but they are now too pampered, money is the only thing that has ruined our youth system in this country. The coaching quality is infinitely better than in the 90s but how many good British attacking players can you name that you remember watching and compare that to now.

Edited by Nicho

I truly believe one of the reasons Argentina, French, Germany, Spain and Brazil produce so many players is because their leagues are full of home grown talent. They have no choice other than to bring through youth players and over time players mature as they are given the chance and have no other option than to play. They are going to produce more as the law of averages makes it so.

Same as the Championship there are enough good players in there who are good enough for the Premier League and a lot of those cake from Premier League youth systems. One thing that Tim wants from our youth is desire, I think he thinks the quality it there but they are now too pampered, money is the only thing that has ruined our youth system in this country. The coaching quality is infinitely better than in the 90s but how many good British attacking players can you name that you remember watching and compare that to now.

I think the english academy system where 17-18 year old kids become wastly wealty "superstars" at too young an age strips away at their motivation is the big problem.

Limiting the number of foreigners will result in english players becoming even more overpriced and overpaid, not sure that is a good thing (unless you are one of those players)

Edited by sne

Austin, townshend, robertson would be 3 good signings IMO, then i think a CB, CM and possibly another AM / WINGER 

guzan

bacuna  clark okore  robertson 

?????

cleverly         delph 

grealish               townsend

austin/benteke 

we need a top class deep lying midfielder and a top CB then i dont think that is a bad team at all but would probably drop townsend for benteke austin partnership.