Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Also worth remembering that we've got a lot of players out on loan. I know the immediate reaction from most people is to make the assumption that they were crap under PL so they're crap full stop, but I think Sherwood will get them all back to the club pre-season and figure our what he's got and what he needs first and foremost. Don't rule out one or two previously lost causes making their way back into the first team.

Helenius, Luna, Sylla, Tonev, Donacien, Bennett, Gardner and Robinson could yield a few under-the-radar first teamers

Also worth remembering that we've got a lot of players out on loan. I know the immediate reaction from most people is to make the assumption that they were crap under PL so they're crap full stop, but I think Sherwood will get them all back to the club pre-season and figure our what he's got and what he needs first and foremost. Don't rule out one or two previously lost causes making their way back into the first team.

Helenius, Luna, Sylla, Tonev, Donacien, Bennett, Gardner and Robinson could yield a few under-the-radar first teamers

Sherwood has already said he'll give a chance to the last three and - at least in theory - they could well fit in Sherwood's plans next year. Donacien probably needs another season loan at a higher level if he did okay at Tranmere. Doubt any of the others will be seen again

Fingers crossed Sherwood doesn't target Caulker

He can target, and sign, whoever he wants. He's shown he knows what he's doing, and also knows a good deal more than you, I, or anyone on this forum with regards to the kind of players that'll work in his system(s)

No doubt.

I still maintain it would be a poor signing.

Why? I thought he looked excellent when he played for spurs, although he hasn't been as good for qpr

Never rated him. Don't think he was ever excellent myself at Spurs.

Not to mention has been in the heart of the teams that have been relegated. Fair or not it's true.

Again it's a no from me, not to mention the fee will probably be ridiculous and over his value (which I must admit I don't hold high).

Fingers crossed Sherwood doesn't target Caulker

He can target, and sign, whoever he wants. He's shown he knows what he's doing, and also knows a good deal more than you, I, or anyone on this forum with regards to the kind of players that'll work in his system(s)

No doubt.

I still maintain it would be a poor signing.

Why? I thought he looked excellent when he played for spurs, although he hasn't been as good for qpr

or for cardiff

he's been awful pretty much every time ive seen him in the last 2 years, will be on good money at QPR (£50k a week+) and they'll want some sort of return on the £8m they paid for him

agree that he'd be a poor signing, too much risk involved

• Like 3

Height in midfield is still an issue for me. Sanchez is the tallest we have at only 6' and the jury is still out on him. Clev (who will hopefully be here next season if we're seeing the real him!), Westwood and Delph are all 5'9"ish and much better with the ball at feet. Our pace and energy is making up for it right now, but I fear teams will realize our midfield can simply be beaten in the air and start setting out to outmuscle them and/or actively try to exploit the fact that one of our defenders will often come forward to contest those aerial balls to compensate and look to exploit the gaps they leave. Would like to see a 6'2"+ central/defensive mid brought in to have an option for a bit more balance and physical presence.

I reckon (and hope) we'll sign Matt Phillips from QPR in the summer. Got real potential and far too good for the championship.

Also if we get Chris Ramsey on board in the summer i'm sure he'd want to come with him, been a completely different player vs Redknapp. Pure guesswork mind. 

I reckon (and hope) we'll sign Matt Phillips from QPR in the summer. Got real potential and far too good for the championship.

Also if we get Chris Ramsey on board in the summer i'm sure he'd want to come with him, been a completely different player vs Redknapp. Pure guesswork mind. 

Don't really rate him myself. Would be okay, would rather Sinclair. 

I think Liverpool could get Jackson Martinez because he's built up in the press all year that he's gonna move on at the end of the season, there aren't many interested parties, and Liverpool is one of the few that can afford him. He also fits their system.

I'm really not sure if Ings will go their. 

If we decide to invest real money in the squad I'd like them to bring in Dennis Praet or Aleksander Mitrovic. 

Edited by electronicmaji

I think from that list realistically we're looking at our youth academy players and possibly Bennett.

Luna would need to learn how to actually defend.

Sylla was unspectacular but we have Sanchez and Westwood.

Tonev was an embarrassment.

Helenius i'd love to see given another go but I fear he has horrible memories of his first year here and won't return.

Edited by sexbelowsound

I liked him at Blackpool and would like to sign him. The only issue I have is that he seems to be a 'heads down' player.

I know we've seen some pleasing transformations of players under Sherwood.

But if he managed to turn Tonev into anything even resembling a footballer it would be the biggest miracle since the last messiah turned water into wine.

We've signed a few players after they've torn us a new one. Would be all on for this - particularly if there's going to be a fire sale at QPR. Phillips and Austin are probably the only ones that will generate any money for them.