Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Also worth remembering that we've got a lot of players out on loan. I know the immediate reaction from most people is to make the assumption that they were crap under PL so they're crap full stop, but I think Sherwood will get them all back to the club pre-season and figure our what he's got and what he needs first and foremost. Don't rule out one or two previously lost causes making their way back into the first team.

Helenius, Luna, Sylla, Tonev, Donacien, Bennett, Gardner and Robinson could yield a few under-the-radar first teamers

I think from that list realistically we're looking at our youth academy players and possibly Bennett.

Luna would need to learn how to actually defend.

Sylla was unspectacular but we have Sanchez and Westwood.

Tonev was an embarrassment.

Helenius i'd love to see given another go but I fear he has horrible memories of his first year here and won't return.

It's worth remembering that several players who looked absolutely dreadful under PL now look real players, so everyone's worth a shot. Obviously there's less chance Tonev will be a player than someone like Cleverley, but it should still be a blank slate for all. It's becoming increasingly apparent that it was tactics and management that hamstrung us more than anything else, and greatly affected player performances. No reason that doesn't apply to the guys in the list who had previously featured.

but Tonev is complete shit.

Has to be one of the most limited players to ever play PL football.

We had similar things being said about Cleverley not that long ago though. Obviously I'm not for one minute expecting Tonev to play in the first team again, but he deserves a chance like everyone else. It could end up saving us a few million for a bench player. Realistically he's not going to get into the first team ahead of Jack anyway, but if he had enough to come on and be dangerous for 20 minutes at the end of a game, he's worth keeping.

Slim chance, but worth investigating, as I'm sure the manager will know

Well that's definitely another side of it, but I was more talking about football than anything else. I didn't actually follow that, did he admit to it in the end?

Could Charlie Austin play next to Benteke? 

I don't think Austin would offer much more than Bent personally (well maybe a bit).I see them both as players who are very good finishers but they don't offer much in terms of overall play and i don't think he'd fit in well here. 

What's the actual story behind his alleged racism?

well the club backed him as he was charged on opinion of the other guy and no other witnesses

was very shady

• Like 2

Sidney Sam (and Kevin Prince Boateng) has been told to find a new club by Schalke and this is only his first season there. I used to like him at Leverkusen and he has had some injury problems this season, I'd take him here.

Isn't Tonev a massive racist now? 

24cfb12b3fb39fe8593487b21f7b11740f5917c9

I hasten to add I did not create this picture and am therefore not responsible for the use of "your" rather than "you're".

Edited by Spoony
  • Like 3

sounds like they have attitude problems so not sure want them in at Villa. 

Schalke just seems like a mess at the minute, Sam was rated highly before he went there and as I say he has had injury issues - KPB on the other hand looks to be completely throwing his career down the drain. 

Could simply be a problem between some of the players and the management.

What's the actual story behind his alleged racism?

Basically there is no actual independent evidence to conclusively label him as such. He was found guilty purely on the basis that there was no reason for Logan to make it up.

Sidney Sam anyone?

Edit: late to the party. I am keen on him, he had real potential and I think that potential is still there. Never had issues with attitude before, is quick and has talent. Would be a great option to have if they are looking to discard him on the cheap.

Boateng on the other hand, I would not touch with a bargepole

Edited by skarroki

Everybody makes mistakes and this word "racist" is banded about to freely in our society and has been for many years.  If Tonev comes back and becomes they player he could be under Sherwood then i for one will accept him.  The society he comes from is very anti black people and if we are to be tolerant of people from places that believe in honour killings, subjugate women and behead people for drawing cartoons then we can have no double standards!  After all Arabs don't like Messi because he gave his son a Jewish name but no body calls them anti Semitic!!!  Sorry about the rant but people need to get some perspective!

Anyone think Garbutt could be the long term solution to our left back problem, England U21 out of contract at end of the season at Everton. May have some bigger suitors but only has to look at Jack to see he'll get games here, realistically he won't oust Baines next year.

Edited by Folski