Players you've completely forgotten about

VillaChris

He had a decent enough career, deadly at league one level, solid at Championship level, even managed to get a few games and a couple of goals in the premier league. At one point I actually thought it would have been worth us looking at him, he was scoring quite a lot of goals for Walsall as a teenager if I recall.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/02/13/ryan-mason-retires-football-medical-advice-13-months-serious/

Very sad news! :(

I already forgot about his horrific head injury, so when we played Hull, I didnt even knew he was there anymore.

I hope he can live a happy live, I always thought he was an underrated player, so I didnt understand why he has gone to Hull in the first place. He could have easily slotted into the Everton team or so. in the end this transfer is very tragic for both team and player.

But the most important thing is, that he is fine.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Denis242 said:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/02/13/ryan-mason-retires-football-medical-advice-13-months-serious/

Very sad news! :(

I already forgot about his horrific head injury, so when we played Hull, I didnt even knew he was there anymore.

I hope he can live a happy live, I always thought he was an underrated player, so I didnt understand why he has gone to Hull in the first place. He could have easily slotted into the Everton team or so. in the end this transfer is very tragic for both team and player.

But the most important thing is, that he is fine.

Yeah massive shame for the lad. 

Your life is more important though and players are insured for stuff like this so that will be some comfort for him and his family. 

On 08/01/2018 at 23:07, Ingram85 said:

I’d forgotten all about Berahino until yesterday when I read an article saying he hadn’t scored for stoke since signing. 12 months ago.

What a plank.

If Saido Berahino doesn't score against Leicester tomorrow then he's gone a full two years without a goal.  43 appearances by my count.  I still think he'd have kicked on if he'd signed for Spurs.

The thing is, you could tell from his behaviour when the move failed that his character flaws would be his downfall. He is exactly where he deserves to be, 2 years of potential development gone that he will never get back. As a huge FM player I cannot tell you how important those years before 23 are for development :)

You don't get that back.

Edited by rodders0223

The situation with WBA, Spurs and Berahino was quite special as absolutely everybody involved lost out.

WBA lost both a good player (mentally) and a huge chunk of money.

Spurs lost out on a promising young striker

Berahino missed out on a huge move, big pay rise etc.

I know the chairman was making a point but it has proved that you shouldn’t force an unhappy player to stay. It’s annoying as the owner but you have to just try and get the best possible deal and then let him go.

Â