Players you've completely forgotten about

VillaChris

1 minute ago, Czechlad said:

Conte never said he didn't want Costa. The way that Costa handled it made it so he couldn't play any football for 6 months in a world cup year. 

he texted him and told him he wasnt wanted this season

Speaking of players you've completely forgotten, or rather a player who wishes to be forgotten.

Ex Barca keeper Victor Valdes has pulled a Keyser Söze, and like that he's gone...

His promise - now he has disappeared

Football star 2015: "Hope it will be hard to find me"

In Barcelona he won everything.

For only a few years ago he was one of the world's most celebrated goalkeepers but firmly found that he should never have become a football player.

After finishing his career, World Champion Victor Valdés has now made his promise.

And disappeared.

Victor Valdés has won all worth winning as a football player. During the career in Barcelona, there were six leagues, three Champions League titles and a triumph in the World Cup. With Spain, Valdés played home in both World Cup 2010 and Euro 2012. Despite that, the football sideloader said in 2015 that he should never have become a football player.

"If I had to live about my life, I would change a lot. I would never be a goalkeeper again. It's no easy life and the times I've done well have never been able to weigh up for all the pain I've experienced too. There are many days when you simply do not want to join. It's job, job, job and no matter how it ends ... I reached the top but can still tell you about thousands of moments of suffering, the Spaniard told Colombian RCN.

"A purification process for my humility"

Victor Valdés, perhaps, at the very moment of the football, came in March 2014 when the goalkeeper incurred a serious knee injury. The rehabilitation made Valdés missed the World Cup 2014 and also meant the end of his time in Barcelona, when his career continued after the season with a failed victory in English Manchester United.

But knee injury also taught Victor Valdés an important homework.

"I stayed at a hotel in Germany during the rehabilitation and went to the clinic every day. Thanks to the friendly people in Hamburg, I could pass as a completely unknown person, which never happened in Barcelona. After so many years I understood what it means to pay for a coffee and buy a train ticket, things you never do as a football star. We football players live a surreal life but the knee injury brought me back to reality and was like a purification process for my humility, said Valdés in the interview 2015.

"Just be with my kids"

Then the goalkeeper, with his then newly acquired insight into life, also made a promise: When the career was over, complete all of his social media accounts.

- When the light goes out, and it will make a day, I'll just be with my children and teach them what they can be when their candles light up. But to me personally, I hope it will be very hard to find me.

Now the light has also gone out. After leaving Middlesbrough this summer, 35-year-old Valdés on New Year's Eve took leave of his football career.

At Instagram, the goalkeeper published an image on a deserted country road and the text "Thanks for everything". Then he erased the account with 1.2 million followers.

896ff493-9cd8-40aa-9dd3-24813d0e7103?fit=crop&h=754&w=975&s=289b8cda3715de55ba6ecd6905aa9b68e0b9b2c2

And disappeared.

Even thou most keepers in the world would happily have traded places with him, I do see where he's coming from.

Being keeper for Barca (or sometimes Spain) you'll never get any credit when you win, but if you lose you'll get hanged for it.

• Like 2

On 1/3/2018 at 12:07, sne said:

Being keeper for Barca (or sometimes Spain) you'll never get any credit when you win, but if you lose you'll get hanged for it.

True, but I'd say it didn't help that he was utter shite and 90% of the time it was his fault. The Spanish Joe Hart.

Edited by villa89
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Soon to be at Chelsea fir some ridiculous sum no doubt

His contract is up in the summer and he's been out all season.

Kinda kick in the teeth for Everton as they won't get anywhere near the money they could have for him.

Maybe even nothing.

On 04/01/2018 at 20:13, VillaJ100 said:

Soon to be at Chelsea fir some ridiculous sum no doubt

It is official that he is. £15m apparantly but there is also an investigation being raised behind it. 

Something for the January transfer thread though.

Â