Players you've completely forgotten about

VillaChris

6 hours ago, villa89 said:

Tomas Rosicky.

He has also retired : BeeB

The quintessential Arsenal player, neat and tidy in possession, lightweight and terrified of physicality, a shrinking violet when things got tough, always injured.

Also definitely gets a few sly kicks in away from the ref

23 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Fernando Forresteri.

Been one of the best playmakers at this level for last two years for Sheff Weds, hasn't played in months.

Injured isn't he?

31 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Ah didn't realise that. I remember him and Carvahal having a bust up start of the season so just assumed he'd been exiled indefinitely.

Was that not last season he wanted to leave

On 12/24/2017 at 12:56, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Mulumbu is playing for Kilmarnock now under Steve Clarke.

I saw that. Kris Boyd still scoring for them. He must be 45!

Edited by Xela

On 12/20/2017 at 10:40, villa89 said:

Tomas Rosicky.

He has also retired : BeeB

The quintessential Arsenal player, neat and tidy in possession, lightweight and terrified of physicality, a shrinking violet when things got tough, always injured.

Rosicky in his prime was one of the best attacking mids in the world. His injuries killed his career sadly.

Rosicky was my hero growing in my teenage years. I wanted to play exactly like him. 

• Like 1

This piece on the Leicester side who got relegated to League One ten years ago is a treasure trove of forgotten players, including Barry Hayles, who is apparently still playing non-league footy at the age of 45, and the revelation that the current Kerala Blasters side contains Wes Brown, Paul Rachubka and Dimitar Berbatov (!). I'm trying to imagine exactly how hard Berbatov is working in Indian football. Boggles the mind. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

Joe Mattock I am sure we were linked with him under Lambert

Matty Fryatt was a player big things expected of

Mattock was MON days. Up and coming english player etc.

Pretty sure we were linked with Richard Stearman aswell, he was also seen as a decent prospect back then.

Edit: Interesting article that, remember Bruno N'Gotty from his Bolton days.

Must be the only player who'll ever play for AC Milan, Hereford United......and Small Heath.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 2

Â