Players you've completely forgotten about

VillaChris

On 25/01/2018 at 22:14, VillaJ100 said:

Hate that Macheda 

Same here, I was pissed in the pub watching that game, I was so much more annoyed at the OTT sky sports reaction than the goal itself. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Genie said:

Same here, I was pissed in the pub watching that game, I was so much more annoyed at the OTT sky sports reaction than the goal itself. 

I was more annoyed by his goal in that 2-2 draw at VP. We were by far the better side and he hadn't done anything in a year. Had to come off the bench and score another turn around shot.

Fun fact, we had Bannan and Hogg starting in midfield for us that day.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Genie said:

3-2 hurt but our season was already going downhill at that point. We won at Old trafford anyway six months later.

Hurt more drawing 2-2 with them at VP in 2010, we were brilliant second half and that was our chance to beat the jinx against them at VP.

Was amazed to look back at the match report and see at 2-0 up Fergie immediately replaced Berbatov and Hernandez and put on Macheda and Obertan (one for this thread) as the front two for last 15 minutes.

And we still couldn't beat them.

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

I was more annoyed by his goal in that 2-2 draw at VP. We were by far the better side and he hadn't done anything in a year. Had to come off the bench and score another turn around shot.

Fun fact, we had Bannan and Hogg starting in midfield for us that day.

We were brilliant that day, think Clark started too and Albrighton

Future looked bright

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Anthony Pilkington. Just came off the bench for Cardiff.

Looked good at Norwich under Lambert then completely disappeared.

Yes he scored a great free kick at VP for them in the McLeish year.

Has Kieron Richardson retired now, I remember Warnock taking him on last season.

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Yes he scored a great free kick at VP for them in the McLeish year.

Has Kieron Richardson retired now, I remember Warnock taking him on last season.

After that he had a trial at Granada along with Nigel Reo Coker when Tony Adams was in charge but hasn't found a club since. Still hasn't publicly announced his retirement it seems.

11 hours ago, Hornso said:

After that he had a trial at Granada along with Nigel Reo Coker when Tony Adams was in charge but hasn't found a club since. Still hasn't publicly announced his retirement it seems.

I assume the same for NRC?

What an odd career he's had since he left us.

6 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Yeah, arguably played hes best football for us when hes contract was running down under houllier then turned down a new deal saying he was joining a big european club inthe champions league.

Then got relegated with bolton.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

Yeah, arguably played hes best football for us when hes contract was running down under houllier then turned down a new deal saying he was joining a big european club inthe champions league.

Then got relegated with bolton.

From Wiki:

Reo-Coker joined Ipswich Town in October 2012, saying, "Ipswich are a sleeping giant in the Championship — a massive club with a great history. It's the right club at the right time for me and everything has fallen into place."[44] He made twelve appearances before departing the club in January 2013 after turning down the offer of an extended contract until June 2013.

:crylaugh: 

Edited by Keyblade
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Yeah, he hasn't announced his retirement either. After his trial with Granada he joined IK Start in Norway for 54 days before they released him.

Â