Players you've completely forgotten about

VillaChris

On 03/12/2023 at 21:26, villan-scott said:

That whole Portsmouth side are a good pick n mix for the forgotten footballer thread - Noe Pamarot

Their squad the last time they were in the Premier League in 2009/10. So much to pick out.

Clipboard02.jpg

• Like 3

Ricky van Wolfswinkel.  Dutch striker who famously couldn't hit a Koeienkont with a banjo after a big money move to Norwich has just popped up with a goal tonight.  He's now 34 years of age. 

• Like 1

On 05/12/2023 at 09:07, rodders0223 said:

Vanden Boore was on a quiz the other week regarding who was the player Kammy didn't realise got sent off and nobody had heard of him. 

Absolute FM legend that shat all over Vincent Kompany, could play in about 28 different positions. I was raging.

What a blast from the past. Definitely a name from the FM hall of fame.

I would always try and sign him, Kompany and Alderweireld to create a solid defence. Good times.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Pierre van hoowhatever.

What a myth of a man.   Seemed to bang in goals, then just disappear because he didn't want to be arsed anymore.

Looked a bit like Freddie Mercury too with his teeth in my minds eye.

Problem was he was in Holland and Scotland for a long time so didn't hit it big until mid to late twenties. Then tried to force a move whilst he was hot and absolutely ballsed it.

Roy Makaay. Dogshit striker who scored a billion goals.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Li Tie was recently the national team manager, but then got sacked and recently made a televised confession to corruption. It has to be said that apart from the confession, there's no other evidence in the public domain that he actually committed this corruption and there's apparently privately quite a lot of skepticism that the confession describes real behaviours, but I suppose it doesn't much matter either way, poor bastard.

Actually, talking about rotting in Chinese prisons, has our former owner resurfaced at all?

• Shocked 1

4 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Actually, talking about rotting in Chinese prisons, has our former owner resurfaced at all?

I've heard of Chinese water torture....

... but I didn't know their prisons were underwater!

:trollface:

• Haha 1

Just watching Football Focus and that guy who won the Traitors (and is a Chelsea fan) has just put Marcus Bettinelli in a combined Liverpool/Chelsea 11.🤣

Remember him years back being a promising keeper at Fulham so had no idea what he was doing now. Seems he's just retreated to being happy to be a number 3/4 keeper training at major club. Played against us in the 2018 play off final.

Traitors guy was on a wind up as usual, think only Liverpool player he picked was Darwin Nunez!

Edited by VillaChris

Axel Tuanzebe is now at Ipswich?  Seems like he’s a bench warmer but got an assist today for their decisive game against Small Heath. 

Â