Players you've completely forgotten about

VillaChris

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Albrighton still at Leicester.

Guess he's like Wes Morgan, will be there until he retires as him and Vardy are the last links to the title win.

Tell me you had not "completely forgotten about" Marc Albrighton! :(

7 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Tell me you had not "completely forgotten about" Marc Albrighton! :(

At Leicester yeah....

This time last year he was on loan at West Brom so I thought Leicester would just let him go for a small fee after relegation. He's only featured in 11 championship matches for them (no starts) so very much a bit part player now.

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

At Leicester yeah....

This time last year he was on loan at West Brom so I thought Leicester would just let him go for a small fee after relegation. He's only featured in 11 championship matches for them (no starts) so very much a bit part player now.

Has he been seen at VP at all in recent times? He definitely came back to watch a game or two as a fan at one point.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/03/2024 at 21:29, bannedfromHandV said:

Matt Targett

"Digne is no better"

:D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Mantis said:

Such an odd player. Personified Lockdown Football weirdness.

He will end his career with probably £25 mill in the bank and will be able to walk round tesco without ever being asked for an autograph. To be fair that would be my favoured premier league career as well. 

• Like 1

Lingard's recent career is a catalogue of poor choices. Revives his career at West Ham. Decides he's now good enough for Man United and goes on to barely kick a ball. Gets offered a chance to go back to West Ham, decides to chase the money at Forest, and fails abysmally, ends his time there, and is now getting chewed out for not working hard enough in the **** K League.

He's rich as **** and has a couple of medals to show for it, but he absolutely wasted what should have been the prime of his career.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

Alexandre Pato.

Been playing FIFA 14 lately and he went to some team for £35mill.

Googled him, he's still 'only' 34 which totally shocked me, but he should have been talked about in the same way as Messi, Ronaldo, Ibra etc... 

He was class at Milan but seems his career just tailed off. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Alexandre Pato.

Googled him, he's still 'only' 34 which totally shocked me, but he should have been talked about in the same way as Messi, Ronaldo, Ibra etc... 

He was class, but he joined that great Milan team the summer after they beat Liverpool to win the CL and that team was getting old and starting to fall apart. Within a couple of years of joining, Cafu and Maldini had retired, Kaka had gone to Madrid, Ancelotti went to Chelsea and the likes of Dida, Inzaghi, Seedorf and Gattuso were all mid-late 30's and hadn't been replaced.

He had that weird loan spell at Chelsea in that season they sacked Mourinho when they were near the bottom 3. Only made two appearances and scored one goal. And of course that goal was against us.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Alexandre Pato.

That's a name I haven't heard from a long time. I might be wrong think he was supposed to have been their new KaKa, but he turned out to be, well Kaka in Italian.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Alexandre Pato.

think he had dodgy hamstrings which made him injury prone

• Like 3

Any chance this thread title could be changed to "Players you HAD completely forgotten about"?

I know its silly but the title making no sense has always irked me a little. 

Nobody can possibly name a single player they HAVE completely forgotten about.

• Haha 1

Â