Players you've completely forgotten about

VillaChris

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

I see Nick Powell has ended up back in league 2 with Stockport before he turned 30, would I be right in saying he was linked here a couple of times?

Think when he left Wigan and we were in the Championship

1 minute ago, villan95 said:

I would have thought Yacouba Sylla would have been the more obscure one 😆

No. No problem there.  Karim though - nothing, zip.

• Shocked 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

No. No problem there.  Karim though - nothing, zip.

I think he was actually a decent player based on how he did at Feyenoord. Maybe just not particularly suited to the pace of English football.

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Theo Walcott has officially retired

He managed to go his whole career without anyone being able to actually define his best position.

one of the original headless chickens. great running with the ball at pace and acting on instinct but give him a second to think about what he was doing and it’d inevitably go horribly wrong.

my favourites memory of Walcott was his fake World Cup diary - absolutely genius

• Like 1

21 hours ago, theboyangel said:

He managed to go his whole career without anyone being able to actually define his best position.

one of the original headless chickens. great running with the ball at pace and acting on instinct but give him a second to think about what he was doing and it’d inevitably go horribly wrong.

my favourites memory of Walcott was his fake World Cup diary - absolutely genius

I think it was more he was a pretty average winger yet insisted and told anyone who would listen that he was a striker 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, a-k said:

Adam Le Fondre

Such an odd player if you look at his stats. One season in the Premier League 11 years ago where he got 12 in 34, which is a very decent return, but did literally nothing at the top level before or since.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Such an odd player if you look at his stats. One season in the Premier League 11 years ago where he got 12 in 34, which is a very decent return, but did literally nothing at the top level before or since.

Never realised he had such a good season in the PL! Always seemed like a decent championship striker to me.

Also I've just seen Adam is actually his middle name. His first name? Glenville!

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Julian Draxler.

I remember when we were rumoured to be sniffing around him in the MON era when he was 17/18 and had not long broke into the Shalke first team.

Hard to believe this guy is still only 30 and plays in the Saudi League with Al Ahli these days.

Its worse he is in Qatar in a not at all dodgy PSG deal

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Pascal Chimbonda.

Wore gloves all season around and had a great year for Wigan in mid 2000s.

Seems he's remained in North West since retiring as just been named manager of Skelmersdale United!

As David Pleat (always given the job of summarising Spurs games on Five Live in the noughties) used to call him, 'Pascal Chumbumba'

Â