Ratings and Reactions: Tottenham - Villa

limpid

I thought Delph had cost us 3 points when he fluffed that sitter with 15 minutes to go but gladly the boys held on.

Cannot underestimate the importance of Joe Cole's experience in that last 10 (+8!) minutes.

• Like 3

It was fair dinkum WWE style reffing today. Looked the other way while the Villa players were getting bashed over the head with ripped up chairs and then called out technicalities against us out of thin air.

• Like 4

Looked a straight red to me. There was so much going on though I'm not sure. Clarke going off was a blessing him and Vlar don't work.

Looked a straight red to me. There was so much going on though I'm not sure. Clarke going off was a blessing him and Vlar don't work.

Yeah I didn't see the yellow come out. Maybe we can appeal it then?

Baker and Vlaar do seem to be best together.

You can't appeal two yellow cards.

great team performance everybody played their part even late subs like Weimann and Cole

Positivity is exploding through me now

ref did ok but dont know how he got 5 minutes added time

Very good result but we are still in it if Burnley win tonight- be 3 points behind with a game in hand. One more win and a draw is probably needed and we have to improve our home form to get over the line. But hey a welcome win and a clean sheet versus Spurs. What isn't there to like?

What a result, fantastic performance.

We're so close to safety now, just 1 more win will do it I reckon.

Six points above the line but teams below us have 1 or 2 games in hand over us. Still nervous for me.

Yeah I didn't see the yellow come out. Maybe we can appeal it then?

Baker and Vlaar do seem to be best together.

You can't appeal two yellow cards.

That's what I mean. If it was a straight red, we could appeal it. But it seems it was a 2nd yellow so moot point.

thats why you cant predict results or form towards the end of the season, spurs were shit, did nothing really, dont think they ever really looked like scoring or put us under that much pressure, we werent brilliant but had a couple of good moments, good goals, gabbys would have been a great goal, delph should have scored too

grealish looked ok again, certainly did nothing wrong again just struggled for influence which is understandable

defence was shakey, vlaar rusty, richardson and bacuna both unsure at times and baker is a last ditch by nature type player, cleverley again a bit quietly put in a really good performance, benteke went from unplayable to not being able to get involved in patches

injuries obviously marred it a bit, ref wasnt that bad, couple of daft little things but nothing major

What a result, fantastic performance.

We're so close to safety now, just 1 more win will do it I reckon.

Six points above the line but teams below us have 1 or 2 games in hand over us. Still nervous for me.

its all about points on the board

pretty sure QPRs and leicesters game in hand is chelsea

YES !!!! What a great result , had an odd feeling that we may snatch this one. Slightly off topic but after that referee performance I'm wondering of anyone knows who the ref will be on Sunday ? Also if we are the home or away team (home kit?).

Â