Ratings and Reactions: Tottenham - Villa

limpid

What a difference to the final game of last season when we went there and pretty much gave up as soon as the game kicked off.

Also got revenge for earlier in the season when they didn't deserve to beat us.

Can enjoy next weekend a bit more now!

Well, that 'cheer up' wank did me and Villa a lot of good after Tuesday night...

As promised in the pre-match thread, twenty full English pounds to Villa Talk if nicked it... And by gosh, Villa come up trumps...

Lovely stuff, it really is...

And do you know what? What an amazing confidence booster going into next week's Semi... Well done today Villa, and a shake of the hand to Sherwood (washed since Tuesday night).

Get the crocodile hat in!!! Wooooo-hooooo!

Edited by Raver50032
  • Like 2

What impressed me was that, with the same team that played QPR, we learnt from that game. Richardson was given far greater protection. Benteke is just a beast ATM. Cleverly has become a really important player. I was happy we lost Gabby (not happy but in the context of the game) as it was an offensive player at 1-0 and not yet another defensive shuffle. Last thing we need. Grealish is developing nicely. I scratch my head at what Gil has done but you know what? If we stay up I don't care. Losing Sanchez may be a blessing as he really makes poor decisions at times. This will improve in time as he settles in England and the english game but for a relegation battle it gives heart beating moments that's for sho.

Next Sunday is a bonus. Staying up is everything. No pressure on us at all but all on dippers.

Oh, Delph today played a captains role. Spuds giving Kane the armband to please him is taking the piss. A striker as captain should never happen. I don't care if you are messi or ronaldo. Just no and their performances seem to have dipped with him being the leader' out there

Edited by stewiek2

......seeing out the game from an early winning position ( away from home) is the highlight for me.

Like Tims persona and his after match interviews are pragmatic and sensible appraisals.

• Like 1

Pleased at the result and the way we went about it,at times we looked like a unit again and players stepped up and supported each other.Our defence appeared organised and far more solid than of late, vllar was back to the guy we knew and baker makes the pairing work.  Richardson had a better game with support in front of him and delpth and cleverly worked well for large parts of the match. Tekkers is vital to our play and gabby fed of him well today,grealish is a bonus we have to give time to and persevere with this lad.

• Like 1

Â