Ratings and Reactions: Tottenham - Villa

limpid

thinking about - I didn't see a yellow before the red (you know the way they usually do it, Yellow - Red) surely that wasn't a straight red ?

Can you even give a straight red if a player is already on a yellow?
Of course. A straight red is a 3 match ban, two yellows is a 1 match ban. If the foul is dangerous or reckless you can be given a red regardless of whether or not you are on a yellow. Edited by villatillidie1980

Beating Spurs at White Hart Lane is always a massive pleasure. This year it is even moreso because Tim Sherwood has been able to turn the morale of the players particularly Benteke.

Sometimes a 0-1 victory is even more stinging than a thrashing.

There will be lot's of moaning in the pubs of Tottenham tonight! Meanwhile we Aston Villa fans are ecstatically making our way home (possibly) with 3 points courtesy of Daniel Levy's "issues" with previous managers.

Those 8 minutes of added time seemed to be an eternity and for once we survived. It Doesn't get any better than this.

GET IN THERE! Went today. Staying at my girlfriends house in High Wycombe. ALL her lot are baggies season ticket holders. It felt good going back to theirs tonight! Absolutely great win and the fans today were class as usual.

UP THE VILLA !!

• Like 3

It felt like Sherwood was lining us up for a flogging with Vlaar and Richardson both starting but they both did much much better than the QPR game. Still don't like either but it's the result that matters so I'm more than happy :)

Not sure if we will have 11 fit players for Sunday but for now I'll just saviour the winning feeling.

chart_15.png

Benteke is without a surprise, the MOTM!

You can also check your Voopl index if you voted.
The Voopl Index indicates the closeness of your vote with the global ratings. For example, an index of 1 means your ratings are, on average, 1 point above or below the general opinion.
This index is purely informative, and just lets you know if your opinion tends to be reasonable or passionate... to a certain extent. If you're above 2 or 3, you might want to take some more time to ponder your votes in the future.

So you can take a look if you did not already. If you have less than 0.5, you are pretty representative of everyone's opinion. If you have more than 1, you were pretty eccentric.

• Like 1

Thought we would get something from one of our tricky away games. I think 36 points will be enough this season, the real bonus of Saturday was all the results went our way particularly Hull and Sunderland with the latter shipping 4 goals. Loving the passion from Sherwood too. This one was particularly nice given the combination of back luck and clear refereeing bias in the reverse fixture (Mason should have been shown a read for sticking his head in Benteke's face)

Â