Ratings and Reactions: Tottenham - Villa

limpid

thinking about - I didn't see a yellow before the red (you know the way they usually do it, Yellow - Red) surely that wasn't a straight red ?

Everywhere is reporting it as a second yellow, just think it wasn't shown on TV. The takle definitely worthy of a yellow, just frustrating that there were several fouls on Villa players leading up to it.

That was truly delightful. Second half seemed to go on forever but even with that said Spurs didn't look like scoring.

Benteke, Vlaar, Cleverley fantastic. Any word on Gabby? Could really do with him next week.

So who would play in the Sanchez position next weekend? If Westwood is not fit, it would mean playing Bacuna, Cole or N'Zogbia. This would disrupt a successful formation, as none of these of the same type of player. Could Delph drop back? or Richardson?

So who would play in the Sanchez position next weekend? If Westwood is not fit, it would mean playing Bacuna, Cole or N'Zogbia. This would disrupt a successful formation, as none of these of the same type of player. Could Delph drop back? or Richardson?

maybe Okore

It was a definite second yellow. He got a yellow earlier on in the second half .

I get that. But I don't think he showed the second yellow - just the red. Edited by Ponky

It was a definite second yellow. He got a yellow earlier on in the second half .

I get that. But I don't think he showed the second yellow - just the red.
It did seem that the first and only card he held up was a red. Whether he meant it as a red due to a 2nd yellow or not will be in the refs report I suppose. I imagine it will go something like

"Failed to stop Aston Villa taking 3 points, attempted numerous techniques to allow Tottenham to score but any further would have aroused great suspicion. Please advise required result in next match."

• Like 2

BECAUSE NARRATIVE!

I cringe everytime Sherwood mentions Spurs, but the script did go according to plan.

When Timmy joined the club I had Spurs fans falling over themselves to tell me what a bad manager he was and various conspiratorial delusional rants, even before he joined us I was quite appalled by the fact they got rid of him in favour of the more Hollywood option in Pochettino.

I'm not saying Sherwood is the answer to all our problems, but i love the attacking style of football he has us playing, if we could just get the injury list down and our defence tighter than I think we could really start to kick on.

thinking about - I didn't see a yellow before the red (you know the way they usually do it, Yellow - Red) surely that wasn't a straight red ?

Can you even give a straight red if a player is already on a yellow?

YES !!!! What a great result , had an odd feeling that we may snatch this one. Slightly off topic but after that referee performance I'm wondering of anyone knows who the ref will be on Sunday ? Also if we are the home or away team (home kit?).

We're the home team

Â