2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

Well I'm glad this is the first real leaked buyer, clearly on purpose for some reason or other. I don't mind the idea of a successful footballer being involved, better that than a straight investment group looking to turn a profit. Adams is bezzie mates with the loaded Azerbajanis previously rumoured to be buying us, plus the sponsorships guy from the Baku games is now at Villa, so might actually be ok....

Of course Adams and the Azeri could also have parted company and Adams can't let go of his plan and is now seeking other investment. Lerner's got better options, the article says so.

Sherwood06.jpg

This is very confusing.

Looks like someone has photoshopped a picture of Sherwood, Keown and Adams onto a promotional picture of 90's boyband "Point Break" who included 2 guys from Byker Grove and the other chap plays Charlie Cotton in Eastenders.

• Like 1

A test of Randy's "love" for the club if a credible offer comes in. 

If he gives the smallest of shits he will only sell to a buyer who will treat us right and not lever us up to the eyeballs with debt for the privilege of owning the club. 

I wonder if this was leaked by the club?

Halo has been given access to a data room holding information on Aston Villa's finances, although its bid is not understood to be the current frontrunner of those remaining in the process, sources indicated on Thursday.

Mr Lerner's advisers will wait until Aston Villa's Premier League fate is resolved before holding further serious talks with any of the remaining potential buyers, who also include at least one US-based consortium, according to insiders.

http://news.sky.com/story/1479493/ex-arsenal-captain-adams-eyes-villa-takeover

Atleast a few options it seems.

If the investment is right then this may not be a bad thing. Adams knows Fox so likely he'll stay on and as an ex-footballer he'll see the job Sherwood is doing. Arsenal do things properly so I would think following their way of doing business. Adams would be a niall Quinn figure I think. Fox would still be given the club to run on behalf of the investors. I actually think it could work.

Adams wants to raise £75m from the city then borrow £75m against the club! That's a joke. It'd mean no money for signings seeing as they couldn't afford the fee. I'd rather keep Lerner!!

After seeing the bit SSN are doing my main question is why on earth would someone that would need a 75m bank loan just to buy us even think about it.

If it plays out that way I don't see how we can survive without heamorrhaging money.

Edited by jjaacckk91

its worse case scenario for me, english consortium headed by an ex footballer, then when you add in the finances, thats an absolute joke

doug coming back is a more favourable option to me, and i **** hate doug

hopefully its just the same old sprat to catch a mackerel type stuff thats constantly leaked to the press

• Like 1

James Nursey claims they haven't actually put a bid in as it stands but are at the moment trying to find the investment.

He still believes the Chinese bid is the front runner.

Who knows, it doesn't sit well with me at all.

Â