2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

This is why it's so difficult to get the right owners. People with history of working in the game just don't have the money so will have to scrounge around to get enough, then the uber wealthy are unreliable and make massive costly mistakes, probably losing interest in the project. Difficult to get the right balance. Maybe Lerner, Fox and Sherwood is OK, especially when FFP makes the oil gazillionaires unlikely to come along and buy success.

The glaziers also managed to increase the value of man utd by £1.5bn but don't tell that to those in the Norwich scarves... them being bad owners makes me laugh, yes they've made themselves a lot of cash but utd dont exactly struggle, they could float another 10% on the NYSE and settle the debt tomorrow if they wanted, they just don't need to

That horse has bolted though, we are already punching above our weight in the market and have tom fox to stretch that either further but there won't be many more markets to explore and exploit that will turn us in to money makers, unless one of them has a company on the side which can majorly benefit from it then I don't see it being anything other than dodgy as ****

Was it the Telegraph who broke the story, and everyone else is just piggybacking on it? If so, it could simply be conjecture mixed with wishful thinking on the part of Adams and the Chelsea fella. Trying to get their names in a respected paper. Smells like manure to me.

• Like 1

Tony Adams??? What the actual ****? I sincerely hope this is a stalking man, or a straw horse, or whatever it's called...

The thoughts of him being anywhere near a position of actual influence or power at Villa would fill me with dread. I might be wrong but the impression I get of him is a man of very limited intelligence.

And very arrogant towards our club. Scary times for the club if this goes ahead.

Edited by GENTLEMAN

Was it the Telegraph who broke the story, and everyone else is just piggybacking on it? If so, it could simply be conjecture mixed with wishful thinking on the part of Adams and the Chelsea fella. Trying to get their names in a respected paper. Smells like manure to me.

Sky News.

Sky News.

Then it's got even less credibility. No quotes, nothing really. Non-story, IMO.

Tony Adams??? What the actual ****? I sincerely hope this is a stalking man, or a straw horse, or whatever it's called...

The thoughts of him being anywhere near a position of actual influence or power at Villa would fill me with dread. I might be wrong but the impression I get of him is a man of very limited intelligence.

....who believes he is infact, very intelligent.

He is a clown of the highest order and I wouldn't want him involved in any capacity.

The fact Arsenal never found space for such a legend of their club speaks volumes.

• Like 1

It's just making the rounds is all

Hopefully. The fact it started in a business section and is being covered by the Beeb would make it a little bit more worrying than if it started in the Mirror's sports section and made its way to the Metro.

Â