Rushian Hepburn-Murphy

PieFacE

8 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Haha 

And yet you criticise smith for not playing the youngsters 

Smith has a track record of playing young players at both Brentford and Walsall such as  Josh McEachran and Romaine Sawyers to name but a few. Smith has only been in the job for a few months and Green has played when fit

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Haha 

And yet you criticise smith for not playing the youngsters 

Not sure what's hard to understand. There's a difference between not performing and not getting the chance to impress. 

If he or anyone else gets the chance and impresses, great. If they don't we know where they are at. I'd rather give the youth a chance than see anymore of certain seniors. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Another decent run out off the bench today, doing bugger all, as usual. Without a goal in seven appearances in League 2.

Anyone hoping this guy comes good is going to be incredibly disappointed. He'll be lucky if he has as good a career as Delfouneso at this rate.

Jesus christ, the lad only joined Cambridge last month and we are already writing off his career. He's gone there to get some first team experience not to prove he's the next Lionel Messi, give him a chance.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Jesus christ, the lad only joined Cambridge last month and we are already writing off his career. He's gone there to get some first team experience not to prove he's the next Lionel Messi, give him a chance.

Jesus Christ, no one is expecting him to be the next Lionel Messi, they just want to hear of him playing well in League 2 scoring a few and and looking like he can come back here and do a job.  It just doesn't look likely does it? 

17 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why do you think this?

Like I said, it's possibly unfair - it's just an impression I get.

His instagram generally has (had) photos of him scowling at the camera whilst driving along in his flash car late at night or doing anything but football - all style over substance. I've just had another look and it's been heavily 'cleaned' which possibly means someone has had a word in his ear - that in itself could be a sign of growing maturity. There's only about 50 posts in there now. But, I stress, this isn't really a fair criticism, it is purely the impression I got.

Compare it to Green who just has, and always has had, photos of him playing football or his girlfriend or playing the piano or private training and it gives a better impression.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

Like I said, it's possibly unfair - it's just an impression I get.

His instagram generally has (had) photos of him scowling at the camera whilst driving along in his flash car late at night or doing anything but football - all style over substance. I've just had another look and it's been heavily 'cleaned' which possibly means someone has had a word in his ear - that in itself could be a sign of growing maturity. There's only about 50 posts in there now. But, I stress, this isn't really a fair criticism, it is purely the impression I got.

Compare it to Green who just has, and always has had, photos of him playing football or his girlfriend or playing the piano or private training and it gives a better impression.

So we need to be on the the look out for piano playing footballers then when are reshaping in the summer.

7 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

So we need to be on the the look out for piano playing footballers then when are reshaping in the summer.

No. We need to avoid reductio ad absurdum.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I wouldn’t write him off just yet, he hasn’t even started a league game for us yet and has been involved with our first team for nearly 4 years now.

I wouldn't say it's very likely he ever will start a league game for us, and I certainly can't see that he's done anything to earn it.

Given that he's been around the first team for four years as you say but is currently in League Two and not impressing, I'd also suggest that adds  weight to the idea that he isn't going to break through, rather than being evidence that there's more to come.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love him to come good and do well for us, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.

10 minutes ago, TB said:

No. We need to avoid reductio ad absurdum.

Is he that young Portuguese left back with the spiky hair? I hear he once listened to some music that the youths are apparently calling "grime". That just sounds unhygienic, so it's a no from me Clive.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Troglodyte said:

Is he that young Portuguese left back with the spiky hair? I hear he once listened to some music that the youths are apparently calling "grime". That just sounds unhygienic, so it's a no from me Clive.

Sorry. Just an unused phrase from Harry Potter's catalogue of spells....

(or Latin for "Reduction to absurdity" - sometimes I think that phrase defines much of VT's football discussion threads)

15 hours ago, Digavilla said:

Just watched his goal .. Heavy touch & push ball too far right, narrow his own angle .. lucky to score 

I know some of our fans give our youth players a hard time but thats bloody harsh. He showed a lot for that goal including a nice finish 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I know some of our fans give our youth players a hard time but thats bloody harsh. He showed a lot for that goal including a nice finish 

It is actually a great touch to run across his man and break his stride.

Pleased for him. He is a beautiful human being and has shown great character.

• Haha 1

Â