• Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

Just dont get it.

Sacked Lambert, and rightly so, but appointed a manager who is picking the same players and employing the same tactics. What was the point in that?

Think Sherwood got the selection, tactics and subs all wrong again. Dont think he has any clue what to fo with these players.

We are relegated - simple as. The team are lost and there is no one at the club who has any clue how to turn it around, or indeed cares of anything changes.

Nevermind the championship, i worry will we even survive there? Can see us in league 1 in just over a year unless Lerner gets out.

Sherwoods not using the same tactics at all. The players were pushing on in the last 20 of the second half an were very unlucky not to score. Its getting better, weather it will get good before the end of the season is the burning question.

• Like 1

I don't want us to go down but can't help feeling it's the wake up call the club needs.

Can't really criticise Sherwood after 2 matches. At least he says more than we go again at the end of the matches and isn't afraid of being disliked. Sounds like Benteke had a better game.

I think it was an improved performance. Sadly that's still not enough to get us any points.

However if we can continue to improve and the manager learns from the last two games we stand a good chance of staying up.

I believe this because I think we're currently about the same level as QPR, Burnley, Leicester and Sunderland.

And I think we're the only one of those teams who will improve.

UTV.....keep the faith

Edited by Villastine
  • Like 2

So did i imagine us playing 4-3-3 or 4-5-1 without any actual width all season?

I imagined us playing attacking football towards the end of last season and start of thos?

Just because we wete not playing these tactics a few weeks ago doesnt mean we never played them.

We have 2 big strong centre forwards in benteke and kozak. We have players who can play out wide in gil and grealish and bacuna. Our strengths lie in our pace. Why are we playing so narrow? We should be making use of our pace in wide areas and banging in lots of crosses to make use of benteke not playing 500 sideways and hackwards passes. Posession and passing are not our strong points. Counter attack and the power and stength of benteke are our strengths but it seems lambert forgot that and sherwood is oblivious to it.

Staying in the PL season after season with the only aim being finish 4th from bottom to keep Randolph happy is completely pointless. Its increasingly difficult to support a club with absolutely NO ambition. After all, I dont support anyone else in life who gives me shit service, shoddy goods and treats me with comtempt. The very least a club should show is ambition to improve each and every season!

I'm now fully prepared for the inevitable but swear that I wont give Lerner one more cent. I say this with a very heavy heart after following Villa home and away for 55 years. This is the first time, (including the 3rd division days) that I feel the club no longer belongs to the loyal supporters. We are simply a 'cash cow'!

I dont care what division we end up in .......I want Lerner gone from our great club before I return to VP.

Randolph....I hope, I really hope you go bust!

So Sanchez has a mare against Arsenal and Gil has a bad match against Stoke and their now plain terrible? WTF!  They're both still getting used to the league. Jesus.. Gabby has had years to get up to PL speed and he STILL GETS PICKED FOR FIRST TEAM FOOTBALL!!! It amazes me that Sanchez is good enough to be an easy first teamer for the 3rd ranked team in the world, but not for Titanic Villa!?!?!

• Like 1

We are going to get FOKING thrashed by the baggies.... Twice

am we **** were villa **** nose how but we ain't going down

I would respond accordingly if I could decipher the weird language you're using.

I presume you're calling me a blue nose because I think we will lose to west Brom.

• Like 1

Benteke looked dangerous and contributed a lot more to our attacking play than he has recently. Sweet overhead kick. He was unlucky not to score.

Oh, that's it then, he was unlucky?

Again. And again and again. And again.

The bloke can't shoot.

The only thing I would blame him for was getting offside when he put the ball in the net

I thought there was an improvement, certainly in chances created. If you look at the other teams in the mix: Leicester, Burnley, QPR, Sunderland, Hull then we have a favourable run in and we have the capacity to improve.. I am not sure that the other teams do. We have gone on two shocking losing runs and yet we are still in the mix. Until we are mathematically relegated, I am going to try and remain positive.. All we have to do is finish 1 point better off than 3 of 4 or 5 other dire teams... The fat lady isn't singing... yet...

Edited by ben1505
  • Like 3

Bacuna has to start next game, he could give us a lift.

Bacuna showed in his cameo why he isn't starting.   He was diabolical.   Don't think he put a pass withing 5 yards of a Villa player.

Bacuna has to start next game, he could give us a lift.

Bacuna showed in his cameo why he isn't starting.   He was diabolical.   Don't think he put a pass withing 5 yards of a Villa player.

All the players were rubbish yesterday. Bacuna SHOULD play. We need goals and assists not 5 yard passes.

The only thing we are good at is 5 yard passes.

• Like 1

We are going to get FOKING thrashed by the baggies.... Twice

am we **** were villa **** nose how but we ain't going down

I would respond accordingly if I could decipher the weird language you're using.

I presume you're calling me a blue nose because I think we will lose to west Brom.

Know e ay. All hes sayin is:

I disagree strongly. We are Aston Villa. I do not know how, but I dont believe we'll be relegated.

• Like 2

A lot of doom and gloom on here, Am I the only one that thinks we have a very good chance of staying up?!

First off,forget about needing 40 points to stay up.All we need to do to stay up is finish above the bottom 3 teams,that means we have to get better results than Leicester,Burnley and QPR.Looking at how they are doing and their remaining fixtures I say we have an extremely good chance of staying up.

Another way to explain it is this.If Leicester,Burnley and QPR finish the season on 28 points.Then all we need to stay up is 29 points.

In my opinion we are getting better with every game since Sherwood took over,at least we look like we are trying to score now.I expect the improvement to continue.

I predict a point Vs WBA and 6 points from the Sunderland and QPR games. :)

Â