3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

Please win against WBA. But how?

Please win against WBA. But how?

Cleverly takes his chance, Benteke and Gabby trigger their run half a second later for the offside goals and don't fall asleep at the back. I know a lot of ifs but wasn't all bad today and Newcastle a better team than Albion imo.

• Like 2

The absolute worst thing about it was that Newcastle were there for the taking, even more so than Stoke last week. We simply have forgotten how to score a goal. Mentally the squad are in the abyss.

100% agree with. In that first half they were for the taking and we wern't good enough to take advantage. Theres  a few sides down the bottom that would have taken advantage of a poor Newcastle side. I thought Benteke played well and if Lowton had been on the right not the left we might have got some joy. 

We created more by reveting back to Hoofball.

Benteke looked dangerous and contributed a lot more to our attacking play than he has recently. Sweet overhead kick. He was unlucky not to score.

Cleverly was decent.

Delph had some nice touches and close control à la Gil.

Except Benteke our players were getting bullied all over the pitch. Sanchez might have been the better option to Westwood.

Bacuna and Gil should have been in the starting 11 aswell.

What was Lowton doing at LB?

Stupid challenges in dangerous areas.

Most corners were shit again. At least this time Weimann didn't take one.

N'zogbia and Weimann were shit.

Referee was shit.

Back to square one.

We are going down.

Edited by LxYoungAVFC

Form for form....we are down.

We have to find a way to get this team fighting and reverse the mentality.....crystal palace have done it.

It is do able....but something must change. Cutting out Individual errors could be a start.

If we think we are down, we are down.

If we think we stay up, we will.

Surprised by the poor reviews so far. I know we lost and I have to admit I think relegation is beckoning but there were a few positives to harness from today if Tim is up to the job.

Benteke played better than he has for ages, looked up for it today and if he understood the bloody offside rule we'd be going home with a point.

Cleverley (surprisingly) and Lowton (out of position) both had decent games. Clark was good again. I even thought Gabby looked alright after half time.

Newcastle were poor though so that is why I am expecting relegation. Huge couple of games coming up against the baggies this week, win both and it's a massive lift for the club and we might pull ourselves out of this.

• Like 2

The bottom line is we should have pushed Lambert 2-3 months ago. Sherwood can do a job for us but he just will not have enough games. The problems he is clearly having in getting the squad to play with any confidence and skill is testament to the absolute shambles that progressively unfolded under Lambert. I think ultimately the buck stops with Lerner for not taking decisive action sooner. He has killed us as a club.

• Like 3

I think the squad are kindly trying to get relegated as quick as possible so the board can prepare for it right away, It is actually pretty decent of them to do so.

Lose to Albion, lose our premier league status. For a very long time. It's as simple as that.

Lets face it we have been stinking this division up for 4 years and if your not a Villa fan you would say this has been coming.

We go again.

• Like 1

Useless from everyone. Cannot remember the last time our midfield won a game. They are **** useless. Delph cleverly westwood the lot cant even do the basics. The goal was schoolboy defending, replica of stokes first last week.

sherwood has had zero influence on this them thus far. The most frustrating thing is seeing no fight in any of the out foeld players. No leaders. No passion. Nothing!

Just heard the after match interview.

At least I could understand every word and his reaction was positive even though the result was hard to take.....small consolation, but I' looking for every crumb of improvement.

Until we can change the personnel.....and my god we have had a few attempts at that over the last 6 years......it's just hard graft and hope we come up with the required ability/ application to gain points.

• Like 1

Benteke looked dangerous and contributed a lot more to our attacking play than he has recently. Sweet overhead kick. He was unlucky not to score.

Oh, that's it then, he was unlucky?

Again. And again and again. And again.

The bloke can't shoot.

Â