Pre-Match Thread

chappy

Down to our last three defenders and a bloke that can fill in at right back.Our backbone worries me.

I prefer this one:

Hutton--Senderos---Baker----Vlaar---Cissokho

I can't think of another team that have an injury/supsension problem like that anywhere in the Premier Leagueship at the moment and yet it's barely getting a mention.

Anyone else feel like the result of tomorrow's match doesn't as much as the result we had on Tuesday. I felt Tuesday was far more important for us as a football club. If we lose tomorrow I won't really feel like we've lost "bragging" rights.

I don't know if I would feel the same way had we lost on Tuesday though.

I know what you mean. A narrow loss tomorrow and we'd still go into the Sunderland game confident too. However, I'd **** love to do the double over them. Imagine what THAT coupled with a trip to Wembley might do for our season.

I don't know what is going to happen tomorrow. What I do know is that they will go at them like a **** steam train in the first half hour or so. They will be absolutely buzzing and determined to finish the job.

Let's hope they make it count.

• Like 1

My wife's family are massive baggies fans. They agreed that had we done a deal before the 2 matches that we win the league game and they win the cup game, both clubs would jump at it.

Shame for them that we'll hammer them tomorrow.

• Like 2

I don't see this game being any less important than the league one myself. What are we doing if we are not trying to win trophies. I think we've been brainwashed into thinking the only thing that matters is staying in the Premier League. 

• Like 4

I don't see this game being any less important than the league one myself. What are we doing if we are not trying to win trophies. I think we've been brainwashed into thinking the only thing that matters is staying in the Premier League.

Relegation can kill a club, not winning the FA cup isn't as devastating. Saying that I really want to see us lift the FA cup before I die. All I have is league cup, intertoto and the Mon special peace cup.

• Like 1

I don't think it's brainwashing. For a club to win a trophy they generally have to be in the Premier League. More money = better players = better chance of winning a trophy. I think given our situation we would be forgiven if prirotised the league over the cup. (However, I don't think we will) If we go down we can pretty much kiss goodbye to winning a trophy at all other than the Championship.

When was the last time a club who weren't in the Premier League won either the FA Cup or the League Cup? 

Edited by PieFacE

Tuesday was definitely the more important of the two however tomorrow's match is also huge, both in terms of the FA Cup and our confidence for the rest of the season. A derby double in the space of 5 days would surely give us the springboard confidence-wise to pull clear of the relegation zone not to mention the exciting prospect of a Wembley semi-final.

I still worry that this new found confidence is very fragile and although we're on a high at the moment: lose tomorrow and it could again be shot to pieces.

I implore everyone going tomorrow to sing loud and proud because Olebuyun sure as hell will be and we need to drown them out. I'm feeling a mixture of nerves and excitement - we cannot lose this!! Up the Villa boys!!!

My wife's family are massive baggies fans. They agreed that had we done a deal before the 2 matches that we win the league game and they win the cup game, both clubs would jump at it.

Shame for them that we'll hammer them tomorrow.

I've bet 40 dollars that such a deal was struck (or, either way, that we don't win the cup game). Something very suspicious about the goalkeeping in the league game.

I like to think that a deal was struck, but that we go ahead and humiliate them just the same. It costs more than 40 dozzles to wipe a Villa Win smile off my face.

Edited by CrackpotForeigner

Jesus wept, as if a deal was struck. Besides, you'd be able to tell that Foster's mistakes weren't genuine. He was just genuinely that flappy and shit.

Really hope we beat them again and get to humiliate and annoys the Tesco Bag's fans. I have an old college classmate who is a huge Baggies fan who was relishing the chance to put the nail in our Premier League coffin. Bellend. I'd love to absolutely smash them too, but I'll take a narrow win again.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 1

I seriously doubt there was any sort of deal - Foster was just shit. We were literally seconds away from a draw anyway.

Yeah I doubt that these "deals" are ever agreed on, but if there was ever the opportunity for a deal this was it, and that last minute goalkeeping was definitely quite interesting!

I do think that psychologically there tends to be kind of a deal in place: Neither side wants to lose both games, and teams will tend to relax a bit if they win the first one.

Thats where the partys at pal!

They came to our home. We we're already beaten, bruised and wounded and they sensed blood. But it was them who left blooded.

We sang our songs of hope and belief while our greatest men fought like warriors on the field of battle. It would have ended in stalemate if it weren't for our beast dealing the final blow. They had no answer. Until now.

I call upon the persons here present, to finish what we started and drive these rodents back to where they came from. In a matter of hours they will come again, for the last time and We. Must. Win.

Villains, we must finish what we have started. Defeat here is unacceptable, success, however, and we march to take the capital. We will continue our conquest tonight, and believe me, we will finish this.

Plenty of brave souls have fought for our home before and the words of our last leader have never rung more true. We go again.

-- Cpt. Vlaar. 2015.

• Like 2

I'd like to see

-------------------Guzan

----- Okore Vlaar Clark (Captain)

Lowton

---------- Westwood Sanchez

N'zog

------Bacuna

-----------<<<----Gill----->>>---------

------------------Benteke

A little lopsided but Lowton alternating between a full-back & wing-back so we are a back four defence & a back three attacking

Bacuna & Lowton can double up & overlap

N'zog has a little more space to work with

I dont think Pulis will order them to high line so Gabby out for me

But I think Tim will opt for

Guzan

Bacuna Okore Vlaar Lowton

Westwood

Cleverley                Delph

N'zog >

< Gabby Benteke

Edited by Grasshopper

Someone on my Facebook has said Benteke has not trained and is not in the squad but I haven't seen anything. Has anyone else?

As they are your "friend", you could ask them where they heard this....