Pre-Match Thread

chappy

Craig Gardner is on football focus at the moment the Subutteo haired clearing in the woods..

Some nice interviews before hand at Villa Park!! The sun is shining what a lovely day for a 1/4 final!!

Edited by Villan4Life

Im in london this afternoon, any idea where i can go to watch the game where there may be a few brummies?

The Baring in Islington is a Villa pub and show all the games.

55 Baring Street, London N1 3DS

Never been myself but will do soon. A few VTers are regular.

• Like 2

Think the fact it'll be under the floodlights should help us tonight, as should the pre-game drinking - think the atmosphere should be very helpful. Fingers crossed! Gonna stay up until 2:30 AM here to watch (go to work at 7). 

On the front row of the upper holte for this, might die of excited.

I'm also on the front row of the upper Holte, for the first time. I hope it's good!

Which block? We could be be villa talk holte upper front row buddies ^_^

Hope you're doing better samjp.

For some reason I'm not anxious at all. I suppose deep inside I think we can lose this, and the world will not fall apart. Saying that, a few goals and a win would be great. It will be tough though, they'll be up for it.

• Like 1

On the front row of the upper holte for this, might die of excited.

I'm also on the front row of the upper Holte, for the first time. I hope it's good!

First time in the Holte End?

I'm a Holte Lower fan myself, it can get a bit mongy in the upper but it's THE stand for games like this. All games even. No idea why anyone would sit anywhere else regularly, unless you have really wee kiddies. Love starting off chants (football is not a place to be shy!), the view is astonishing and the atmosphere today will be **** awesome.

I'm in the trinity, because we sat in these particular seats against Bournemouth for whatever reason and I do not wish to move for ridiculous superstitious reasons!

The pressure has been relieved for me somewhat due to the league victory which was the priority.

I do fear that Pulis will have learnt a lot and they will be much tougher to break down this time so hopefully we are continuing to expand our offensive play so that it isn't predictable.

Their threat from set-pieces is heightened further with Given in goal. We lack height in the team as a whole too. If Baker or Senderos are fit then I wouldn't be against playing a back-three just for that reason alone.

Edited by Isa