Pre-Match Thread

chappy

Its gonna end up being very uplifting for the players and us fans if we can win this this one, especially with all the Sherwood talk. Problem is it works the opposite way of a huge moody if we lose it. Only positive is we won the League game, which to me was the more important of the 2. UTV

Big game today and a chance to beat the baggies twice in a week which would be nice (although the league game was the bigger match IMO).

Need to make sure we don't give any cheap free kicks away or any unnecessary corners as West Brom obviously look at their most threatening from set pieces.

Would like to see a similar line up to the midweek game when we played so well.

UTV

• Like 2

So glad to have won the most important game on Tuesday. Now I just feel that great FA Cup feeling, without worrying too much if we lose but just enjoying a great FA Cup day. Boggles my mind that we are one game off Wembley after everything this season. UTV. 

I don't see this game being any less important than the league one myself. What are we doing if we are not trying to win trophies. I think we've been brainwashed into thinking the only thing that matters is staying in the Premier League. 

I don't think it's brainwashing. For a club to win a trophy they generally have to be in the Premier League. More money = better players = better chance of winning a trophy. I think given our situation we would be forgiven if prirotised the league over the cup. (However, I don't think we will) If we go down we can pretty much kiss goodbye to winning a trophy at all other than the Championship.

When was the last time a club who weren't in the Premier League won either the FA Cup or the League Cup? 

Well we've been in the Premier League since the beginning and haven't won it. We also won the league cup in 1974 as a 2nd division side. I am as desperate as anybody for us to stay up but you don't remember sides for finishing 15th in the Premier League but you do remember winners of the FA Cup. Sunderland 1973, Bob Stokoe running on the pitch. Wigan. These things are etched in ones memories for ever

Im in london this afternoon, any idea where i can go to watch the game where there may be a few brummies?

Maybe try 3 Kings at West Kensington station? Just football pub in general but there were Villa fans in there against Spurs

• Like 1

Sherwood did say he has only 18 fit players so I hope that rumour about Benteke being injured is untrue. 

Regarding Given, we pick our strongest team so that should include Guzan for me. 

Edited by PaulC

Im in london this afternoon, any idea where i can go to watch the game where there may be a few brummies?

Try the London Villa thread, Just had a quick search but can't find it.