Chelsea fans prevent black man boarding the tube in Paris

The_Rev

I don't understand how people can do this? Do they think that they will get away doing it? Do they get carried away with the crowd? It just always confuses me. 

They had probably been on the sauce all day and humans behave differently when in crowds.   You'd probably find none of them (or hardly any of them) would be like that on an individual level.  Still doesn't excuse the level of arseholery on display here of course, but I don't think understanding human nature is condoning it before anybody accuses me... 

I don't understand how people can do this? Do they think that they will get away doing it? Do they get carried away with the crowd? It just always confuses me.

They had probably been on the sauce all day and humans behave differently when in crowds.   You'd probably find none of them (or hardly any of them) would be like that on an individual level.  Still doesn't excuse the level of arseholery on display here of course, but I don't think understanding human nature is condoning it before anybody accuses me...

The fact that they may of been drunk is completely irrelevant IMO

the not letting the bloke on is bad enough but that chant, **** me, absolutely no shame

what would peoples opinion on this be if it was a video of chelsea fans singing anti-french songs? i ask because the video did remind me of a time when i quite happily took part in a verse of 10 german bombers, along with a few hundred other villa fans, on a train in hamburg

The fact that they may of been drunk is completely irrelevant IMO

I think you're missing the point Rev is trying to make.

Plus, it really isn't irrelevant.

Fair play to Chelsea and let's hope they can root out the culprits. But let's not act as though this is indicative of all Chelsea fans, or that we don't have a few scumbags of our own ("I'd rather be a paki than a Turk").

• Like 1

Haven't Chelsea always had a "hard core" of scumbag fans? I always thought their original (before they were rich) fans were scum and I hated them as a club for it. Hatred justified.

Indeed. I remember the Macintyre thing from a few years back, that pointed to links between their hooligan element and the far right. Also filmed them, talking about some of them visiting Auschwitz, and mocking the victims of the Holocaust. Lovely bunch of chaps.

Edited by dAVe80
  • Like 1

the not letting the bloke on is bad enough but that chant, **** me, absolutely no shame

what would peoples opinion on this be if it was a video of chelsea fans singing anti-french songs? i ask because the video did remind me of a time when i quite happily took part in a verse of 10 german bombers, along with a few hundred other villa fans, on a train in hamburg

10 German bombers is more embarrassing than anything.  I sat that one out in Brazil last summer.

that wouldn't be racist and thus is allowed  :)

What is the 10 German bombers song? I.e. why is it so controversial?

there were 10 german bombers in the air, there were 10 german bombers in the air, there were 10 german bombers, 10 german bombers, 10 gemrna bombers in the air

and the RAF of england shot one down...

there were 9 german bombers in the air...

still think its sang in the pubs etc before england games but its pretty much been outlawed in wembley, like i said it wasnt 10 idiots chanting it like those chelsea fans, it was an entire train platform full of villa fans in hamburg and then it carried on in to the train, sure it was chanted in the holte when england played there too, they'll do well to get rid of that chant