Chelsea fans prevent black man boarding the tube in Paris

The_Rev

I'm surprised by that.

But maybe I'm just naive.

I've only ever once heard anything racist amongst Villa fans, and that was away at the emirates when I heard somebody shouting that Song was "a **** animal".

On the other hand, you could say that chart only shows people punished for racism. Having a high number could be argued to be a good thing

• Like 1

On the other hand, you could say that chart only shows people punished for racism. Having a high number could be argued to be a good thing

good point. An interesting chart but we have nothing to reference about it so in isolation it could show who has the most racists or it could show who polices it more. As the figures are over ten years it means only one or two people a year are ejected at even the higher clubs on the list and out of hundreds of thousands of people it could be argued thats quite a good sign.

As wainys point shows though (and we all know really) these things are shouted everyday all around the world at people who are in some way "different".

It amazes me that in an age where the players themselves are from all over the place - especially here in the UK - that people who call themselves football fans can hold such outdated views.

I have a friend who sits in The Upper Holte & she reported a bloke for saying some incredibly racist things about Sterling. He admitted a racial public order offence at the cop shop after first denying it . He was banned from VP for 3 games & has now been allowed back . I thought we had a zero tolerance to racism .

I've heard plenty of racist and especially xenophobic chanting though the years. I hate it. From the hissing from the back of the Holte vs Spurs to the dam right louducrus not even knowing what country someone's from.

Has it got better in the 26 years since I've been going, without a doubt, but to target Chelsea for probably half a dozen morons I think is short sighted. If you've ever been in pub with Villa fans on away days you here some vile chants. It's just mainly kept away from grounds these days.

Some braindead Chelsea fan was on talksport two nights ago. According to his wisdom this incident "was not racist" because the people involved were "not aiming it at the black guy trying to get on the train".

No. They were obviously aiming it at the invisible black guy standing behind him.

naturally the Talksport presenters were astounded, and eventually laughed him off air

• Like 1

Rio Ferdinand tweet...this isn't going anywhere any time soon! I can't copy it it says 3 racists banned from Stamford bridge, 4th one offered a one year contract extension to continue captaining the club!

Scrap that it's one of those parody accounts where they have the same profile pic but change a letter in the name :(

Edited by villa4europe

I have a friend who sits in The Upper Holte & she reported a bloke for saying some incredibly racist things about Sterling. He admitted a racial public order offence at the cop shop after first denying it . He was banned from VP for 3 games & has now been allowed back . I thought we had a zero tolerance to racism .

Interesting. What was it he shouted?

I think a lifetime ban is over the top, but you'd expect more than 3. Suarez got 8! I think some kind of racial awareness course would be good for these people too rather than just ostracising them and allowing the hate to simmer.

According to one of the Chelsea fans who pushed the bloke off the train it was done because thr train was full, and not because of the colour of his skin.

I  await CCTV showing plenty of space on the train...

An ex-police officer and Chelsea fan involved in an alleged racist incident on the Paris Metro has said he pushed a black man away from a train carriage "because it was too full".

Richard Barklie, 50, of Carrickfergus, County Antrim, was one of three men identified on CCTV footage by the Metropolitan Police.

"I'm not a racist and I never have been a racist," he told the Sunday World.

He added: "I did not take part in any racist singing."

The Metropolitan Police has passed on the details of the three men to the authorities in France, who are investigating the incident before Chelsea's Champions League game against Paris St-Germain.

Chelsea has suspended five fans and said it would ban them from attending Stamford Bridge for life if there was sufficient evidence of their involvement.

Mr Barklie, an ex-Royal Ulster Constabulary and Police Service of Northern Ireland officer, is currently a director with a human rights organisation - the World Human Rights Forum - and has also worked supporting victims of the Troubles.

More Heartwarming Chelsea Hijinks:

Witnesses have described how football fans who they claim were Chelsea supporters shouted racist abuse and intimidated other passengers on a train after the club won the League Cup on Sunday.