Possibly interesting maps...

tonyh29

On 02/10/2020 at 21:11, bickster said:

As a companion piece to the pedestrians map I give you.... Motorcycles across Europe

0yji0tyf1gq51.png?width=5000&format=png&

The Swiss win coolest bike.

25a9d07f31147fbc96463cb9e2cd35e0.png

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bickster said:

Extremely silly, like China, India, Russia, hell even France have the one climate

"Extemely silly" 😁

Not saying it's particularly accurate, but the wide areas they cover I imagine have quite varied climates too. Of course there's variation in Russia for example, just as there is across North America where it's mapped onto.

10 hours ago, bickster said:

ccesgbz7ngs51.jpg

Fascinating. I had no idea there even were variants on what we use (except for tarot cards - which seem to have a shared lineage with the Spanish and Italian sets). 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

Fascinating. I had no idea there even were variants on what we use (except for tarot cards - which seem to have a shared lineage with the Spanish and Italian sets). 

Yep, I was pretty much the same

You could be forgiven, having only looked at mercator maps, for not having any idea how countries relate to each other.

Nigeria is 3-4 times bigger than UK in reality. On a standard map/globe...Eh...About the same. 

12 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

You could be forgiven, having only looked at mercator maps, for not having any idea how countries relate to each other.

Nigeria is 3-4 times bigger than UK in reality. On a standard map/globe...Eh...About the same. 

Not on a globe, shirley? A globe shows the true sizes. 

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Mongolia sure was a LOT bigger than I imagined 

Another interesting country for those who like to think about population density . . . is Mongolia the least densely-populated country in the world, or is it really quite densely populated?

Â