Possibly interesting maps...

tonyh29

But the Wolves have opened a new megastore in Shanghai which is definitely still going to be in business in six months time.  

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, The_Rev said:

As a frequent (almost daily) visitor to London I find it impossible to believe that the Tower of London is the most visited tourist attraction there. Yeah, it's popular but I doubt it gets half the numbers that the British Museum, the Tate or the Natural History Museum get.  What is that map's source? 

I nicked it off the front page of reddit.  Not sure the original source.

On 16/07/2019 at 20:14, BOF said:

Most visited tourist attraction/place in every European country

tcim5i8toma31.jpg?width=998&auto=webp&s=

I looked at this for ages annoyed that I’d never even heard of “10” despite me claiming to be Irish. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I looked at this for ages annoyed that I’d never even heard of “10” despite me claiming to be Irish. 

And when you'd discovered what 10 was were you any the bloody wiser? I have to confess I'd never heard of them and I consider myself reasonably well travelled and educated especially in geographical matters. 

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

And when you'd discovered what 10 was were you any the bloody wiser? I have to confess I'd never heard of them and I consider myself reasonably well travelled and educated especially in geographical matters. 

We all have blind spots.  But similar to @The_Rev's doubts about the UK's #1, I would wonder if more tourists visit the Cliffs of Moher each year than visit, say, the Guinness storehouse in Dublin.  That thing is a tourism phenomenon (and it's shite).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

Yes. I’ve been a couple of times. 

Surprised they’re the most visited though. I’d have assumed it was something in Dublin. Guinness Brewery or Kilmainham Gaol for example

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

We all have blind spots.  But similar to @The_Rev's doubts about the UK's #1, I would wonder if more tourists visit the Cliffs of Moher each year than visit, say, the Guinness storehouse in Dublin.  That thing is a tourism phenomenon (and it's shite).

I'd have gone for Guiness Storehouse or possibly the Blarney Stone

Yeah its bollocks.

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2019/0102/1019918-guinness-storehouse-set-to-welcome-20-millionth-visitor/

The storehouse at St James's Gate Brewery retains its position as Ireland's number one international visitor attraction, with over 1.7 million visitors passing through its doors in 2018. 

https://www.cliffsofmoher.ie/visitor-numbers-at-cliffs-of-moher-2018/

Visitor numbers at the Cliffs of Moher Visitor Experience in County Clare increased by 3.8% to 1,580,010 in 2018.

Edited by Seat68
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

Not far off though. I’m surprised it’s that close. I just assumed a Dublin based attraction would be miles ahead. 

15 hours ago, bickster said:

I'd have gone for Guiness Storehouse or possibly the Blarney Stone

Weirdly I’ve never been to Blarney Castle despite it being about half an hour from the airport which I’ve been to dozens of times. 

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Weirdly I’ve never been to Blarney Castle despite it being about half an hour from the airport which I’ve been to dozens of times. 

Not sure why that's weird tbh. There are LOTS of things I've never been to in Liverpool that tourists go to all the time. They get in the cab and ask me what these places are like, Iusually answer with I wouldn't know, I'm not a tourist (I'm not just talking about B**tles related stuff either)

One that springs to mind is the Williamson Tunnels, I've been to gigs in the visitor centre but never into the tunnels themselves. Atlantic war rooms another

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Not sure why that's weird tbh. There are LOTS of things I've never been to in Liverpool that tourists go to all the time. They get in the cab and ask me what these places are like, Iusually answer with I wouldn't know, I'm not a tourist (I'm not just talking about B**tles related stuff either)

One that springs to mind is the Williamson Tunnels, I've been to gigs in the visitor centre but never into the tunnels themselves. Atlantic war rooms another

Yeah but I kind of am a tourist. Even though I’ve been there dozens of times, I’d still class myself as a tourist.

I’ve done a lot of the touristy stuff in cork but haven’t done probably the most famous and popular tourist attractions going. 

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

They get in the cab and ask me what these places are like, Iusually answer with I wouldn't know, I'm not a tourist (I'm not just talking about B**tles related stuff either)

Bet you get shit loads of tips

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Â