Possibly interesting maps...

tonyh29

15 hours ago, bickster said:

French Bastards!

out-of-wedlock-births.png

Percentage of children born out of wedlock. Hats off to the heathen Vikings too! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

And in Iceland's defence, they probably can't marry their sibling.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, by 100km or so, but the map makes it look more (to my eye at least) because of the projection. Jakarta is also closer than Perth, but Perth is closer than Brisbane. 

Outposts are weird, for example Vladivostok is closer to Darwin than it is to Moscow. 

Edited by The_Rev
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

That's been going round for a little while now and every time I see it I'm annoyed the Jubilee Line is wrong. 

Scribble your correction over the top and repost :)

It uses the same trackbed as the Met so it's impossible without ruining it. It should look like the Circle really. 

• Thanks 1

Perhaps you chaps can help me out. I’m looking to buy a framed (or buy to then be framed) a map of either Roman Britain or Roman London as a gift. I’m actually struggling to find much online. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

21 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Perhaps you chaps can help me out. I’m looking to buy a framed (or buy to then be framed) a map of either Roman Britain or Roman London as a gift. I’m actually struggling to find much online. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

How large? If it's A3 / A4 then you might be able to just use this one below.

I ask because you're unlikely to find much detail in 'genuine' roman maps of London, if such things exist.

This is a free to use Victorian reproduction on Mapco

0190romanlondonb.jpg

does it have to be roman or did you just want an olde worlde mappe?

National Library Scotland has a good (if complicated) data base if it's just old and quirky you're after.

or... fold out map from MOLA 

Edited by chrisp65
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

How large? If it's A3 / A4 then you might be able to just use this one below.

I ask because you're unlikely to find much detail in 'genuine' roman maps of London, if such things exist.

This is a free to use Victorian reproduction on Mapco

0190romanlondonb.jpg

does it have to be roman or did you just want an olde worlde mappe?

National Library Scotland has a good (if complicated) data base if it's just old and quirky you're after.

or... fold out map from MOLA 

Cheers Chris that’s really useful. Looking for Roman in particular as this guy is all about the Romans. Will see if I can get the above printed A3.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Spoony said:

Thanks in advance!

There's an amazing map shop in Bath: https://www.dg-maps.com/index.html

Give them a call if you can't find what you want on the website, the shop carries tons more stuff.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Spoony said:

Awesome cheers! I’m actually really close to bath so will def check it out. 

The shop is on the bridge, lovely place to visit!

Â