Possibly interesting maps...

tonyh29

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

Hustling for tips is demeaning, I don't need 'em

I’d say being remotely helpful to someone asking you a perfectly normal question wouldn’t count as hustling for tips. But that’s just me 😜

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I’d say being remotely helpful to someone asking you a perfectly normal question wouldn’t count as hustling for tips. But that’s just me 😜

You expect me to lie to people? that's hustling for tips.

22 minutes ago, bickster said:

You expect me to lie to people? that's hustling for tips.

Nah but you might say something like “I’ve heard it’s good” “it’s really popular” “apparently such and such is better”

forget the tips, that was a joke. I’m talking more about being a normal human. 

If I got in a taxi somewhere and asked about a tourist attraction and they just answered with “no idea I’m not a tourist” I’d think... well I’d better not say what I’d think of the driver 😊

38 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Nah but you might say something like “I’ve heard it’s good” “it’s really popular” “apparently such and such is better”

forget the tips, that was a joke. I’m talking more about being a normal human. 

If I got in a taxi somewhere and asked about a tourist attraction and they just answered with “no idea I’m not a tourist” I’d think... well I’d better not say what I’d think of the driver 😊

You apparently think Taxi Driver = Tourist Information office. 

Usually being truthful, I'd answer, I've heard its shit / overpriced etc

There's no point making eating recommendations because most people have no taste and no idea what really constitutes good.

49 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I’m talking more about being a normal human.

You're talking about a monster who tells little kids there's no Santy :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, bickster said:

You apparently think Taxi Driver = Tourist Information office. 

Usually being truthful, I'd answer, I've heard its shit / overpriced etc

There's no point making eating recommendations because most people have no taste and no idea what really constitutes good.

😂😂

you sound fun. 

I don’t think taxi drivers should be tourist information officers. I just think most humans should be, I dunno, polite. Let alone someone in a customer facing job.

If someone asked me a question, regardless of whether I was a taxi driver or not, I’d try not to be a word removed when I answer them 😊

Edited by Stevo985

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

😂😂

you sound fun. 

I don’t think taxi drivers should be tourist information officers. I just think most humans shouldn’t be words removed. 

If someone asked me a question, regardless of whether I was a taxi driver or not, I’d try not to be a word removed when I answer them 😊

But lying to people IS being a word removed.

Just now, bickster said:

But lying to people IS being a word removed.

Yeah again I didn’t say lie to them. I said be a normal human being. 

You must know something about these attractions. Would it kill you to say something about them?

and would it kill you to not be a miserable sod when you do it?

Obviously you can do your job however you like. I’m just saying if a taxi driver spoke to me like that, Well again I can’t say what I’d think. But it wouldn’t be positive 

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah again I didn’t say lie to them. I said be a normal human being. 

You must know something about these attractions. Would it kill you to say something about them?

Would "it's full of tat from the '60s" be ok with you?

Just now, bickster said:

Don't get me started :mrgreen:

Never been, I'm not a tourist  or It's not the real one or it generally has very shit bands on

Exactly. A friend of mine said he played the cavern club, I said no, you played a club called the cavern. The band he played with are shit. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Exactly. A friend of mine said he played the cavern club, I said no, you played a club called the cavern. The band he played with are shit. 

Was he called Paul McCartney? 

(Just depping for @bickster

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â