Possibly interesting maps...

tonyh29

15 minutes ago, bickster said:

An Etymological Map of Africa. Some belters in there!

D9a82o0U0AAXVPa.jpg:large

Today I learned that crocodile tail is the capital of Hippo :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I listened to African country music once. Shit the bed it was bad. 

Country music is huge in West Africa, and influences many of their indigenous stuff, too. The husband of a mate of my wife's lives in London, and plays pedal steel guitar in two different bands - one straight-up country, the other a bunch of Nigerian ex-pats doing African styles. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, a m ole said:

Googling Kenyan Metal

I'd actually expect Kenya to have some kind of external cultural influences because it's typically portrayed as one of the more cosmopolitan and developed African countries.  I was more impressed with Angola having metal :) 

59 minutes ago, BOF said:

I was more impressed with Angola having metal :) 

Just for you

Whole article here on the burgeoning Afro Metal Scene

6 African Metal Bands You Need To Check Out
Here are 6 metal bands from Botswana, Uganda, Angola & Kenya that should be on your radar.
An unfortunately popular myth is that rock music is un-African, a genre for white people in which Africans are under represented. This myth needs to be debunked.

The African continent has birthed several diverse and thriving rock scenes throughout the years, from Zamrock to Nigerien psychedelic rock. One of the most overlooked is the African metal scene.

Platforms like Nigeria's Audio Inferno and the South African-based Metal 4 Africa are some of the rare few that cover African metal bands, and there's been a handful of documentaries like heavy metal in Mozambique and Angolan death metal, but overall this is a scene that operates well below the radar.

Here are 6 African metal bands you should check out.

More bands on Okay Africa article

I can see this becoming a VT meme :mrgreen:

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, BOF said:

I like these.  This is the Bundesliga map for 2019/2020.  No Kaiserslautern on it though :( :P

I knew there was a kaiserlauten fan on here! My partners family are all fans (them and Liverpool unfortunately) will hopefully get a game in next season  

My brother was in to Kaiserslautern for a while, I guess because we used to knock around the Zweibrucken area for quite a while when we were kids.

I went predictable lefty plastic and just fell in with St Pauli.

• Like 1

at xmas they had a cheery 2 hour long documentary about social housing in kaiserlautern

**** me it was rough, we joke about the non working class generation and Vicky pollard etc but that was lower working class poverty as bad as anything I've seen in the UK

• 2 weeks later...

It does include Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.   Just shows where the centre of the country really is though, geographically it's somewhere around Birmingham (varies slightly depending on your methodology of measurement) but if you are taking the centre as being somewhere in the middle of where people actually live then it's probably just outside of Milton Keynes! 

Â