tonyh29

• 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, bickster said:

If you wanted proof that the UK knows sod all about coffee, look no further

kv424hvtvlw21.png?width=640&crop=smart&a

That is a lot!

Better coffee than Costa though...

• Thanks 1

Bulgaria with only 13. I could probably tell you where they all are aswell. 

Only people with beanie hats and big headphones drink there. The rest drink in the countless far superior independents.

• Like 2

On 12/04/2019 at 23:07, bickster said:

ldxmj862rsr21.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

The number of wars European Countries have been involved in since WWII

As an aside to this, I think I remember reading once that during that same period Russia has not engaged in any war in a foreign country without a request for assistance from its official government.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

The rest drink in the countless far superior independents.

that's probably the biggest difference between the UK and Europe in a lot of things, we seemingly love a franchise over a local business

very noticeable since I moved to germany, you can maybe make a case for starbucks being replaced by bakery chains such as kamps (which is a bit like greggs but a lot better) but in general there are a lot more independent places

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

that's probably the biggest difference between the UK and Europe in a lot of things, we seemingly love a franchise over a local business

very noticeable since I moved to germany, you can maybe make a case for starbucks being replaced by bakery chains such as kamps (which is a bit like greggs but a lot better) but in general there are a lot more independent places

Yes whoever said we were a nation of shopkeepers would clearly be wrong in modern times

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I went to London last weekend to watch my gf run the Marathon. Met up with some of her family afterwards, we decided to go out to dinner. She and I started looking for some reviews of local places. The rest of the family voted for Zizzi. I struggled to hide my disdain. 

Anytime I go out for dinner in town and see shitholes like Wagamama and TGI Friday packed out as well. Well. It keeps the riff raff out of the nice places. ;) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I went to London last weekend to watch my gf run the Marathon. Met up with some of her family afterwards, we decided to go out to dinner. She and I started looking for some reviews of local places. The rest of the family voted for Zizzi. I struggled to hide my disdain. 

Anytime I go out for dinner in town and see shitholes like Wagamama and TGI Friday packed out as well. Well. It keeps the riff raff out of the nice places. ;) 

Zizzi? Top!

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I'm not English but I lived here for the last 14 years and I noticed (incoming massive generalisation warning) that English love a "widely accepted, overpriced product". Apple, Starbucks, BMW, Audi, Beats Headphones, Sky TV, Nandos, Stella, the list is endless.

There are countless better alternatives, but somehow the above just dominate the market. But why?

• Like 3

Â