The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

40 minutes ago, DK82 said:

And btw, if you are praising him for getting us to Wembley where we were thrashed. I hope you aren't anti-Bruce, as he took HULL to Wembley and almost beat Arsenal.

yeah but he didnt do it for Villa is all that matters ;)

• Like 1

Sherwood has had his bried spell of trying to be football manager and will now just drift into obscurity. Although he did actually gave us a few months of fun, which is more than we can say about some of the other lot we've had the misfortune of managing us like AMcL, RDM and Garde.

The former was just the antithesis of fun. RDM had us playing some okay(ish) stuff, but ultimately failed because he pissed money up the wall without any consideration as to squad balance and how it should be shaped. 

Garde - I don't know what he is. I still don't know if he's actually a football manager, or someone Lerner got on the cheap to pretend he was such. He showed absolutely nothing apart from how much of a mope he was when he didn't get any money in Jan. 

I'm sure when Wenger retires he'll admit that Garde was just a wind up and he only recommended him for the lolz. The Ali Dia of football managers.

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe
  • Like 3

53 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Sherwood has had his bried spell of trying to be football manager and will now just drift into obscurity. Although he did actually gave us a few months of fun, which is more than we can say about some of the other lot we've had the misfortune of managing us like AMcL, RDM and Garde.

The former was just the antithesis of fun. RDM had us playing some okay(ish) stuff, but ultimately failed because he pissed money up the wall without any consideration as to squad balance and how it should be shaped. 

Garde - I don't know what he is. I still don't know if he's actually a football manager, or someone Lerner got on the cheap to pretend he was such. He showed absolutely nothing apart from how much of a mope he was when he didn't get any money in Jan. 

I'm sure when Wenger retires he'll admit that Garde was just a wind up and he only recommended him for the lolz. The Ali Dia of football managers.

I suppose it's a pointless argument, because at the end of the day they were all shit, but for me Sherwood was worse than Garde. He achieved essentially the same results with a fairly large budget, whereas Garde failed on nothing. 

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He's a fool, clearly a prick and not a football manager. 

And yet he provided the most enjoyable period of the last 6 years. 

What does that tell you about the rest of the managers we've had around him?

Agreed. Sherwood isn't a football manager, but he at least imitated one for a short time, whilst the rest looked like anything but one. 

I'll also add that I reckon if Garde would've been made manager when Sherwood got the job, we'd have sunk like a stone that very year.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Agreed. Sherwood isn't a football manager, but he at least imitated one for a short time, whilst the rest looked like anything but one. 

I'll also add that I reckon if Garde would've been made manager when Sherwood got the job, we'd have sunk like a stone that very year.

Yep. Garde was absolutely terrible and pathetic.

Yet on the other hand I'd wager if garde got the job in the summer instead of halfway through the season, we'd have been far better off than we ended up under Sherwood. 

Garde was shit. But taking over what he took over I'm not sure there's a manager in the world who could have done anything with us. 

Sherwood had ruined us by that point, yet he'd had a summer and £50million to prepare the team. 

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 4

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Please.

Stop.

plz

I can't sorry that's his name for me. The guy ruined any chance we had at promotion with his shit management. Worst so glad to see the back of you know who (as you asked so nicely ;))

for me the list of recent shitness at the moment is starting with the worst

1. Black/Di Matteo /Garde

2. McLeish

3. Bruce

4. Lambert

5. McDonald

6. Sherwood

7. Marshalls (because they have 100% record in charge)

an absolute horror show of managers

Remi Garde 2 wins and one of most embarrassing performances in Villa Premier League history after the Chelsea 8-0 and is ranked higher than a manager that won a cup semi final and beat Spurs at White Hart Lane a stadium we have won one other previous win since 2000

makes sense I suppose

21 hours ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

100% agree.  Garde lacked any form of motivational qualities

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Remi Garde 2 wins and one of most embarrassing performances in Villa Premier League history after the Chelsea 8-0 and is ranked higher than a manager that won a cup semi final and beat Spurs at White Hart Lane a stadium we have won one other previous win since 2000

makes sense I suppose

No chance. Southampton away was one of the worst performances in history in my opinion the 6-1 was utterly embarrassing. The high line was so embarrassing and sums up Sherwood as a manager, what's worse is he never changed it. Clueless. 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

for me the list of recent shitness at the moment is starting with the worst

1. Black/Di Matteo /Garde

2. McLeish

3. Bruce

4. Lambert

5. McDonald

6. Sherwood

7. Marshalls (because they have 100% record in charge)

an absolute horror show of managers

Sherwood (effectively) 8th?

Mental

Just now, dudevillaisnice said:

No chance. Southampton away was one of the worst performances in history in my opinion the 6-1 was utterly embarrassing. The high line was so embarrassing and sums up Sherwood as a manager, what's worse is he never changed it. Clueless. 

nope 6-0 at home to Liverpool was disgraceful since not one player looked like they were arsed that day and 11 pissed up lads down the pub would have put up a better contest.

gutless and disgraceful inspired by the manager

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Sherwood (effectively) 8th?

Mental

in my defence I didnt hire these clowns, not one of them I would have ever wanted in charge.... maybe Lambert as he did well at Norwich

I think it shows how shit this club has been in last 6 years

yes the really issue then was the team were knackered. We played some great stuff before that against Liverpool, Man City, sunderland and Spurs. Two bad performances shouldn't overshadow the good ones and yes the following season we were crap because we sold our two best players.

Â