The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

We would've been relegated if Sherwood never came. You can say other mangers may have saved us but. He came and he did so from that perspective he was the right man at the right time. Now however he seems to have lost the plot. Has Wilkins made him more negative? Surely he must know slagging players all the time is counter productive? Why can't he pick a team and stick with it? We seem change players and tactics at a whim. There always seems to be an odd pick or something every game. Then we have erratic substitutions. I'm amazed how the press gloss over all of this and believe his crap about the French players when Amavi and Gana have been decent!! Hasn't Amavi got the most assists? He'd probably be even better with the same players around him so he can get used to them!!' 

I concede it is a harsh point, but it has some merit in my opinion. Lambert convinced Benteke and Delph to sign new contracts and stay at the club during intense speculation, albeit with release clauses inserted. Worryingly, Sherwood could not even retain an injury prone Vlaar or attract Adebayor to the club despite him being at the training ground. I find it a little disconcerting that players who have worked with Tim do not want to stay or join.

I'd say you are overplaying Lambert's influence there. Delph renewed with an £8m release-clause - which, as suggested in reports at the time, was likely because he felt he owed Lerner a fee. It wasn't a genuine commitment to stay. Benteke only renewed once Spurs moved on and opted for Soldado instead. At that point, he wasn't going anywhere anyway, so may as well accept a pay-rise in that case. Vlaar had made noises about wanting to leave as far back as the previous summer if I'm not mistaken. From his perspective, he probably saw it as a last chance for a big pay-day, which is understandable. 

The problem with the Adebayor fiasco wasn't that he turned Sherwood down, there are never any certainties with a maverick. It was him being made primary target in the first-place and then no planning for the eventuality of it falling through - of which was always a good chance. 

• Like 2

Actually, as an American, I can tell you he can be quite inspiring. He's exactly the opposite of Sherwood. He's soft-spoken, his teams play organized and disciplined, his teams are often the fittest in their competitions (we will never be outworked). He'd be working with a better selection of defenders than he ever did with the US. 

Fair enough, it just doesn't seem like he's achieved a great deal in his career. 

Actually, as an American, I can tell you he can be quite inspiring. He's exactly the opposite of Sherwood. He's soft-spoken, his teams play organized and disciplined, his teams are often the fittest in their competitions (we will never be outworked). He'd be working with a better selection of defenders than he ever did with the US. 

Fair enough, it just doesn't seem like he's achieved a great deal in his career. 

Bob Bradley has made the cheapest team in Norway fighting for titles. 2 seasons in a row. A newly promoted team.

Bob Bradley no thanks not with the position were in currently

Not saying he's a bad manager but for him to turn our fortunes round in the predicament were in would be a massive ask and a massive gamble one we can't afford to take at this moment in time

• Like 1

This is from Budstikka in Norway today. Apologies for Google translate:

Click

Football. Bob Bradley admits he has received phone calls from several clubs in the past.He says that he, if possible, will finish the season in Stabæk. 

"All I can say about this is that in recent weeks there have been some calls from clubs looking for managers," says Bradley to Budstikka after training on Tuesday.

"When these phones come, then hear what it is about, what kind of club it is and what they look for. So I have tried to make sure everyone understands that if possible I want to implement this here (Stabæk season). We are fighting for medals and Europe. Priority number one for me is to make sure we do not lose focus at work here. These conversations can proceed in a calm manner. At some point there will be time to find out what all this means, but I have nothing more to say than that. It is normal when clubs considering changes or interim manager, that they address and inquires in. This is nothing new. Such was the case both last year and this year."

"There is no timing. Timing in football changes every five seconds. It changes with the results and with the new club boards and with everything. You try to figure out the timing also with players. I've always said to them that the only thing you do not control is timing. You control who you are, how to do things and what your goals are, but timing checks never. Opportunities come. No one can choose the timing.Everyone must consider options and make decisions. That's how football works."
Edited by TheAuthority
Added link

The club is a shambles from top to bottom, it has got to the point now where I can barely be arsed to look for our results on a weekend let alone watch an actual game

I'm not sure about shambles.....but I would safely say the club from top to bottom is questionable.

Other than the manager, the silence is deafening.

OGS looked amazing at that level. I'm not sure what Bradley would do to make us any different over the coming years.

That's a fair point but he did it with arguably the richest club in Norway.

Bradley has experience elsewhere also.

Edited by sexbelowsound

We would've been relegated if Sherwood never came. You can say other mangers may have saved us but. He came and he did so from that perspective he was the right man at the right time. Now however he seems to have lost the plot. Has Wilkins made him more negative? Surely he must know slagging players all the time is counter productive? Why can't he pick a team and stick with it? We seem change players and tactics at a whim. There always seems to be an odd pick or something every game. Then we have erratic substitutions. I'm amazed how the press gloss over all of this and believe his crap about the French players when Amavi and Gana have been decent!! Hasn't Amavi got the most assists? He'd probably be even better with the same players around him so he can get used to them!!' 

•  

Or, we would have appointed a more experienced manager, and finished one or two places higher and not be spanked at Southampton or suffer other awful displays in between the few good.

Bob Bradley has made the cheapest team in Norway fighting for titles. 2 seasons in a row. A newly promoted team.

And I'm sure that is impressive in itself but then it depends on how highly achievement in the Norweigan league should be taken into regard. As mentioned above, Solskjaer won Molde's first titles for 100 years or whatever it was. You can look at examples of managers who have worked miracles in the lower-leagues over here and it doesn't account for much in our league.

Bradley may well be a decent manager, I'm not intending to cast judgement on him but I just look at his career path and it just screams 'meh'.

Edited by Isa

Â