The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Well i'm sure if we had got rid of Sherwood at the end of the season and told a new manager coming in that there would be a possibility of 50 mill + to spend quite a few would have been interested then again that works both ways as you would have probably had to tell them that 2 of our best players were going to leave in the process so maybe your right

Well im not sure if you put the two together you would have got someone decent wanting it to be honest. In no way am i sticking up for sherwood here, but why risk the rep you have built up coming to us?  We really havent many options

I think that Kristan Heneage is usually pretty reliable. If he's correct at least it means we're already thinking beyond Sherwood. Maybe Bradley is just one of a number of possibilities.

who is he?

I don't know his exact background but I think he's a journalist based in Belgium or Norway. I might be getting him mixed up with someone else. But I'm sure I've seen get quite a few correct in the past. The ones on here who use twitter will know better.

Jenas depicts TS as a bully who undermines others, and not somebody you want managing and building a young team. They need to get rid ASAP, project Sherwood has run its course.

So someone who is passionate, has a rant once in a while when things are bad and tells players the truth is now a bully? 

We are talking about a male dominated, performance related environment are we not? Not trying to be nasty or anything like that but have you spent much time in your life playing football then or in that type of environment? Whereby if your crap at your job or make stupid mistakes you get slated or have the piss taken out of you by your peers? Trying to now turn Sherwood into some sort of bully after a few comments, none of which depict him as a bully at all is just wrong!

I can understand people wanting rid of Sherwood based on results and certain decisions etc(as I do), but some of the nonsense being posted trying to assassinate his character whilst jumping on the bandwagon is just desperate and not required in this instance. Results will remove him from his job soon enough should things continue much longer.

If only Sherwood was a mumbling Scottish manager with no experience of managing a club the size of Villa he would get 2-3 years to turn shit around, even if crap.

for an adversary that is an excellent post.

You are clearly not a fan of Sherwood, but a fan of fair play and balanced judgment.....credit to you.

For me.....How can i judge a manager, with next to little knowledge of what the man is doing.

I just want some wins.

TRO, personally I am no fan of any manager until they as the players prove they are good enough to represent my club - simple. I am as capable as ranting as well as the next man and possibly worse at times however my actions in general are for bloody good reasons mate. At least most of the time. ;)

• Like 1

I think Bob Bradley would be fantastic. His CV is excellent. He has shown himself to be a highly motivated, pragmatic organiser of men. I am given the strong impression that everywhere he has been he has gotten every ounce of talent out of the players at his disposal.

He is one of the founding fathers of "soccer" in the US and is credited with turning the US national team into a genuine force by making them well drilled, well organised and making the very most of their strengths. He is everything Sherwood is not as well as some of the things he is and has the skillset that translates to pretty much every level.

I can't help but think that he's basically kicking back in Norway, enjoying life. But if he wants the limelight and the challenge we could do much, much worse.

I think the problem might not necessarily be him but more how the players respond to him. He might struggle to get respect from them as he didn't do anything as a player and as he's never managed at a high level, he might not know how to deal with them. Plus, the fact that he's an American may mean that some players are automatically pre-disposed to not listen to him when it comes to footballing matters. Obviously this is wrong but I can just imagine someone like Gabby saying 'What would he know? He's a Yank'.

Players get behind managers that give them the tools to win football matches. Winning breeds respect. Would Moyes be given instant respect? A man who has shown he can't cut it the highest level, a man who is currently failing again, because he's Scottish?

I'd take Moyes in an instant, don't get me wrong, but I also think whoever comes in has a hell of a job on their hands and it won't be as simple a task as coming in and clicking their respectable fingers. They need clarity, they need to be well drilled and they need a plan A. I think either of the above mentioned managers will give that.

Gareth Southgate, anyone? Good with young players, knows the league, and is a Villa man to boot. He's not an egomaniac, and he's not a screamer. Could do a decent job to right the ship. Then he can go back to the U21 setup in June....

• Like 1

Gareth Southgate, anyone? Good with young players, knows the league, and is a Villa man to boot. He's not an egomaniac, and he's not a screamer. Could do a decent job to right the ship. Then he can go back to the U21 setup in June....

He hasn't managed a club in 6 years, and he was shit then.

And for the all the hype about the system he'd installed and his development of the England U21 team, they were crap when it came to the actual tournament. I'd stay well clear.

Edited by Isa
  • Like 2

"He's the man, the boss with a capital ‘B’, and something that we've never seen in Norwegian football. He's the best coach that's ever been here. His awareness, his presence on the pitch is just amazing."

- Inge Andre Olsen, Stabaek sporting director

Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/fourfourtwos-50-best-football-managers-world-2015-25-21#QF5wu3Wk2vh2ybqb.99

And for the all the hype about the system he'd installed and his development of the England U21 team, they were crap when it came to the actual tournament. I'd stay well clear

I don't particularly rate Southgate as a manager, but England were crap at the U21's because the other nations had much better players.

Edited by jon_c
mis quoted

"He's the man, the boss with a capital ‘B’, and something that we've never seen in Norwegian football. He's the best coach that's ever been here. His awareness, his presence on the pitch is just amazing."

- Inge Andre Olsen, Stabaek sporting director

Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/fourfourtwos-50-best-football-managers-world-2015-25-21#QF5wu3Wk2vh2ybqb.99

OGS did alright there too didn't he...

Frankly I haven't forgiven him for claiming he had to leave because the club had no ambition, then going to **** Middlesbrough. Villa man, is he ****.

I never faulted him for wanting out. Ellis had no ambition. At least Boro made a couple of UEFA Cup runs, and almost won the thing. League Cup trophy as well, no?

I assume you didnt see Euro Under 21 Championship. England were dreadful

Sherwood propaganda?

Doing a good job in Norway and managing a national team is not what we need. Hasn't got the experience to manage a team fighting tooth and nail to avoid relegation in one of the biggest leagues.

Â