The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I'm going to stick my neck out here and say that, unless we get mauled by Swansea, we should IMO give Sherwood three more league games. Here's why:

The likes of Norwich, Bournemouth, Sunderland, Newcastle and Watford all either play others at the bottom so they either share points or someone gets zero or, they play teams that should (on paper) beat them. Meaning, even if we lose our next three, which a considerable amount of people think we will do, those other teams shouldn't get too far away from us to catch. 

I'm thinking that we play Spurs and you'd think that Sherwood would be right up for that game and MAY possibly be able to spark that performance out of the players that he and we are looking for. The following game is against Man City at home. You'd think that the atmosphere will be electric for that one, especially if a certain WORD REMOVED plays and again, might just work the magic out of the players. 

If Sherwood hasn't cracked it by then we can cut him loose because there's a two week break for the new man to come in and have time working with the players before the next game, which is Everton away. Imagine that for Moyes's first game in charge! 

Edited by villarocker
  • Like 2

how about Villa-Boas, so he can get his revenge on Sherwood.

Waaay out of our league.

I wouldn't have thought he's anymore out of our league than Biesla, Hiddink, or even Moyes and some the other names mentioned. Apparently he's unsettled in Russia too.

Think we're going down with or without tim sherwood. 

The club appears to be a total and utter mess - well we knew that.

I had no idea over the summer that players were being recruited that weren't 100% tim sherwood. It just never works in this country.

Tim sherwoods a clown. Randy lerners a clown. Tom fox is a clown.

Haven't and won't be venturing near villa park for a long time as it stands. An utter joke.

• Like 1

Well this now an utter shambles as if Collymore is binned for supporting Sherwood then it's clear the board are not behind Sherwood so why is he still in a job 

its not that he's supporting sherwood its that he's saying its not sherwoods fault that the club is being ran so poorly, ignore sherwood he's attacking the owner so its inevitable that he'd get the boot, but stan being stan he'll now spin it in to some half truths and injustice and then probably take to twitter and ban anyone who disagrees with him or even worse use talksport and only answer the phone to callers who back him up

I totally agree. It doesn't matter whether Stan is right or not, you can't have somebody who openly criticises the ownership writing a column in the program. That would be the "shambles".

had no idea over the summer that players were being recruited that weren't 100% tim sherwood. It just never works in this country.

Ignoring the fact that it clearly does, at pretty much every club to some degree, why wouldn't it work in this country? What makes England a special case?

• Like 2

Think we're going down with or without tim sherwood.  

Me too. I think they'll leave it too late to sack sherwood and I don't trust anyone at the club to get us a good manager. It'll take an awful lot for us to stay up even with a good manager because there won't be much funds in January.

• Like 2

Cheeky bid for SAF.

even if he had the will and the energy.....he wouldn't be given the time.

........................its David Blane we need

Do you think hypnosis could make our players any good?

• Like 1

Bob Bradley has made the cheapest team in Norway fighting for titles. 2 seasons in a row. A newly promoted team.

And I'm sure that is impressive in itself but then it depends on how highly achievement in the Norweigan league should be taken into regard. As mentioned above, Solskjaer won Molde's first titles for 100 years or whatever it was. You can look at examples of managers who have worked miracles in the lower-leagues over here and it doesn't account for much in our league.

Bradley may well be a decent manager, I'm not intending to cast judgement on him but I just look at his career path and it just screams 'meh'.

Solskjaer had the most expensive team, so his achievement was good, but not as good as Bradley's.

Again, everyone is aware that this club has problems above and beyond Tim Sherwood.

But Tim Sherwood IS a problem. And he's the biggest problem we can actually change.

Ignoring that problem because it isn't the biggest one is waving a white flag.

I understand your logic, but thats what we keep doing and it is taking us nowhere.

How can anyone be sure, that if the other problems are removed, Tim Sherwood might not be one.

How many managers do we crash and burn?..... we are getting through them like kamikaze pilots.

Quite.

Theview of every single pundit and football journalist is the same.....is every one of them Sherwoods mate ?

Us, Sunderland, Newcastle, are going round in circles with fans attacking manager after manager, whilst in each case the owners remain the same.

It's a great shame that each Manager since O Neill has had certain clear faults ( although crucially all different faults to each other) and therefore each time had enough people against them to make them the target.

There is one place and one place only the fans should target, and that is the owner, and the method of attack should be, simply, to stop going.

The only thing money understands is money.

No great loss to stop going anyway !

• Like 2

If it's true that we have adopted a moneyball type strategy to player transfers then I wonder is it the case that we appointed Sherwood with the same method, he had the best win ratio of any spurs manager and on paper would of looked good but obviously there is so much more to be considered when hiring a manager.

Again, everyone is aware that this club has problems above and beyond Tim Sherwood.

But Tim Sherwood IS a problem. And he's the biggest problem we can actually change.

I understand your logic, but thats what we keep doing and it is taking us nowhere.

How can anyone be sure, that if the other problems are removed, Tim Sherwood might not be one.

How many managers do we crash and burn?..... we are getting through them like kamikaze pilots.

Quite.

Theview of every single pundit and football journalist is the same.....is every one of them Sherwoods mate ?

Us, Sunderland, Newcastle, are going round in circles with fans attacking manager after manager, whilst in each case the owners remain the same.

It's a great shame that each Manager since O Neill has had certain clear faults ( although crucially all different faults to each other) and therefore each time had enough people against them to make them the target.

There is one place and one place only the fans should target, and that is the owner, and the method of attack should be, simply, to stop going.

Agree, other than the not going part - I'll always go.

But you're one of the few people that recognise continually blaming a hand tied manager isn't the solution. It's an easy target and Lerner loves knowing he's avoiding all the stick by placing his newest sacrificial lamb in charge. Nothing will change until he invests or sells.

But I take a little solace in the fact that at least this time Sherwood won't go quietly. Lerner's made a mistake there - Sherwood will turn the focus on the board as will all his mates in the media. That reason alone is almost enough to hope he gets sacked!

I've always maintained changing managers is kind of pointless when you're just looking to survive, the quality needed is much of a muchness and depends more on the quality of the players. I don't judge Sherwood, we'll probably never know what he's capable of here. But sack him, like people screamed for Lambert's head, and you'll appease the masses for another 6 to 12 months before we're all back here again bemoaning the 'rubbish' manager who's in the same situation. 

• Like 2

If it's true that we have adopted a moneyball type strategy to player transfers then I wonder is it the case that we appointed Sherwood with the same method, he had the best win ratio of any spurs manager and on paper would of looked good but obviously there is so much more to be considered when hiring a manager.

That would be doing the opposite of so-called moneyball. 

Quite.

Agree, other than the not going part - I'll always go.

But you're one of the few people that recognise continually blaming a hand tied manager isn't the solution. It's an easy target and Lerner loves knowing he's avoiding all the stick by placing his newest sacrificial lamb in charge. Nothing will change until he invests or sells.

But I take a little solace in the fact that at least this time Sherwood won't go quietly. Lerner's made a mistake there - Sherwood will turn the focus on the board as will all his mates in the media. That reason alone is almost enough to hope he gets sacked!

I've always maintained changing managers is kind of pointless when you're just looking to survive, the quality needed is much of a muchness and depends more on the quality of the players. I don't judge Sherwood, we'll probably never know what he's capable of here. But sack him, like people screamed for Lambert's head, and you'll appease the masses for another 6 to 12 months before we're all back here again bemoaning the 'rubbish' manager who's in the same situation. 

Ive just said in the Lerner thread what should change.....salary spending.

Unfortunately as you have described above he won't be put under pressure by the fans to increase that whilst they keep blaming Managers and players.

If by some miracle, the next bloke does manage to keep us up and we arrive in the promised land of untold wealth next season, does anyone think Lerner will invest then, or will he be keeping that money for himself? 

Although the latter is obviously extremely unpalatable, it might be reason on its own for him to make a Bent like signing in January to boost the new man's chances?

Â