The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

User Actions
  Follow
gGY2AOMy_bigger.jpgAndy_avfc@Andy__avfc

Does this ring any bells??????? The man has form. Doing exactly the same here. http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/apr/11/tim-sherwood-tottenham-transfer-dealings  #avfc

Embedded image permalink

hmmmmmm

Much as I would love to like this,  I cannot make it fit my opinion as the huge difference is he wasnt actually responsible for the transfers then for Spurs.  he was for us

Anyone and everyone is fault but Tim.

There is a happy medium to be struck though isn't there and I think on here at least I haven't seen anyone back Sherwood and defend him to the hilt. Not even close. A few ex pro's have got way closer to that than any Aston Villa has.

It works both ways though doesn't it. Not everything is Sherwoods fault. It makes hard reading on here though when I read crap like Guzans a spent force and is making mistakes due to Sherwood messing with his head when the reality is Guzans form had been suspect long before Sherwood arrived and his kicking had always been crap. Likewise now people stating that Sherwood should have been able to convince Delph, Benteke and Cleverley to stay. And then you have the over the top reactions post match to picking certain players such as Richardson on Saturday when the reality is Amavi had been away with the France under 21's and had been suspect defensively in recent games and Richardson actually played well. I could go on and on.

Sherwood has done a lot wrong and there are plenty of sticks to beat him with it does not require him to be lambasted for things that when looked at logically he should not be criticized for.

My post was more to do with the screenshot above regarding him questioning Spurs.

The man will blame anyone and everyone but himself and he will do it in a sneaky way with his friends who have a voice in the media.

A mini Harry Redknapp if you like but somehow worse as a manager.

Jenas depicts TS as a bully who undermines others, and not somebody you want managing and building a young team. They need to get rid ASAP, project Sherwood has run its course.

I think you need to study Alex Fergusons Career, you call it bullying, I call it decisive action to let a player know, that is he is playing shite.....sometimes being direct is what folk want.

I personally think out football club has been subject to years of indecision and pussyfooting with players, a bit of "hometruth" doesn't hurt anyone and focuses the mind.

right now, i think he has a bunch who are just not good enough on their displays to date......most of our problems are individual errors......far too many of them.

It's the chicken and the egg.  Is it the players who are crap despite Sherwood or is it Sherwood who is crap and the players have no organisation or system in which to operate

Personally I think the players are good enough to be sitting 12th or so rather than 18th but thats all acedemic - something has to change and we cant change the players so weve got to change the manager

• Like 1

Why wouldn't he comment on the signings made before him at spurs? Seems pretty reasonable to me. 

Because its not classy

Lose and it's all someone elses fault, win and he's a hero who did it despite a crap squad - he can't lose

Wait for the media shitstorm when he deservedly gets the boot from us

A terrible, terrible appointment who got found out in double quick time

The  truth is Sherwood could not convince Cleverley, Delph and Benteke to stay.

Yes, a much overlooked point - or Vlaar 

Come on guys, that's a pretty shoddy stick to beat him with.

Cleverley always had his heart set on a move to Everton and a reunion with Martinez. Our original bid to sign him was scuppered on that basis. Benteke and Delph had release clauses and joined bigger clubs which is the natural process. Vlaar was a crock anyway and he's been replaced with Richards who has done well so far.

I concede it is a harsh point, but it has some merit in my opinion. Lambert convinced Benteke and Delph to sign new contracts and stay at the club during intense speculation, albeit with release clauses inserted. Worryingly, Sherwood could not even retain an injury prone Vlaar or attract Adebayor to the club despite him being at the training ground. I find it a little disconcerting that players who have worked with Tim do not want to stay or join.

Edited by GENTLEMAN
  • Like 1

Rumours about Bradley heating up again. A cheap option I guess and one which is another gamble. The club (under the current owner) will never learn. Whilst the fans don't deserve relegation, Lerner does.

• Like 3

Have you bothered to read the article and the quotes from him in it?

Yes

what did he say that was so bad?

I didnt say it was "so bad", I said that criticising signings and saying that they were a risk is just covering your arse. Lose and he can say told you so.  He's doing exactly the same thing with us and his media buddies are spoutting the same garbage

I'm not really fussed to debate the point.

He was an awful appointment and needs to be given the boot immediately to give us any chance of saving our PL status

Edited by VillaCas
  • Like 1

Why wouldn't he comment on the signings made before him at spurs? Seems pretty reasonable to me. 

Because its not classy

Lose and it's all someone elses fault, win and he's a hero who did it despite a crap squad - he can't lose

i think you're getting worked up over nothing. He was making comments towards the end of the season, probably thinking he'd be bringing in his own players. At the time of that article he'd been doing pretty good and had just won 5-1 in the previous game. Lots to be unhappy with him for this season but can't see why that article is a big deal at all. 

Because its not classy

i think you're getting worked up over nothing. He was making comments towards the end of the season, probably thinking he'd be bringing in his own players. At the time of that article he'd been doing pretty good and had just won 5-1 in the previous game. Lots to be unhappy with him for this season but can't see why that article is a big deal at all. 

Its not a big deal, it just tells you a little more about the guy

A terrible, terrible, terrible appointment who I hope is gone very soon

Â