The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I said a few weeks back that with the way Sherwood sets up his teams I've got a feeling that before the season's out we I think we'll end up on the receiving end of thrashing but also that we'll end up giving another team a thrashing. Got a feeling we'll score at least five next weekend against Burnley.

Whilst true, the previous manager had the old injuries/spending excuse as a reply for 'bad fortune', where-as Sherwood has had injuries too and has spent **** all.

I find it interesting how long it took Lambert to start getting serious criticism and how quickly some want to give it to Sherwood.

• Like 3

Whilst true, the previous manager had the old injuries/spending excuse as a reply for 'bad fortune', where-as Sherwood has had injuries too and has spent **** all.

I find it interesting how long it took Lambert to start getting serious criticism and how quickly some want to give it to Sherwood.

I think Sherwood made mistakes today, luckily it didn't matter. The interesting thing (and something we should all look for) is how the team reacts next week. Yes it is a nothing game, but in a way that makes it even more important to see how they react. Under the previous manager, we'd go on really awful runs where we would lose a lot of games and play really poorly. So, all eyes on next week.

• Like 1

I think there will be ups and downs but we won't be worried about relegation next season. And as long as we're doing well I see little point jumping on him for the odd times that go wrong. Same way it would be daft to jump on benteke for the odd game that he doesn't play well.

Give me our last 10 performances under Sherwood, including the 6-1 drubbing, over what we had from Lambert any day of the week.

With Lambert in charge we'd have probably lost 1-0 or 2-0 with 2 shots at goal and 58% possession, and we'd have lost all the previous games and we'd be relegated.

It's the nature of the more attacking style that we'll be a bit more open at the back and, along with a few mistakes, will concede a few in games, but were also always a chance to score.

• Like 2

Be interesting to see what side he will put out against Burnley

I'd give the young kids a crack start with Hepburn-Murphy e.t.c

Who knows Gil may even get a game remember him?

Why isn't Gil playing? Does anybody know?

Who is this Gil that everyone's talkin about?

I think we'll have these days under Sherwood when everything just goes to shit. He is a confident young manager but sometimes reckless, so there will be a few times he will have his pants pulled down.

• Like 4

Love the job he's done. Keeping us up after how shite we were is incredible.

However, it doesn't make him immune to criticism and those who are criticising him shouldn't be attacked as if it's some abstract concept to criticise the manager after we've just lost 6-1.

This. 

I think we'll have these days under Sherwood when everything just goes to shit. He is a confident young manager but sometimes reckless, so there will be a few times he will have his pants pulled down.

It's happened a few times for him but as you said he's a young manager - it's all part of the process. 

The test now is how he regroups the team and how we perform in the next two games. 

Think there is a lot of over reaction, we went from 0-0 to 3-0 down in 2 min 50 sec. No manager can make any changes that quick. We had a blip of a game, well half a game, it's over, fortunately in hindsight made no difference. Now let's learn from it and then forget it, we need confidence back for the final.....

• Like 2

Yep he makes mistakes but because of him we are still in the Premiership even if we did so by losing 6-1.

Maybe it was just a bad day at the office, it happens but TS has brought a good feeling back to Villa and if this means putting up with a few bad days the so be it.

I haven't watched any post-match interviews, what did Sherwood say? Did he blame the team, blame himself, or just say it was bad?

Tim Sherwood called his team's display "unrecognisable" as they went down 6-1 at Southampton.

It was the first half performance that so frustrated the boss as they conceded five goals - three in the space of a remarkable three minutes.

He said his players were fully aware that the display was unacceptable.

But the manager backed his side to come roaring back in the final two matches of the season - a home game against Burnley and the FA Cup final against Arsenal.

He said: "It was unrecognisable to the team we know we can be.

"Credit to Southampton, they punished every single mistake we made - and we made a few.

"Our players didn't need to be told. They know. It wasn't just the defenders, it was everyone, including myself, we're all in it together.

"That was one bad 45 minutes they have given me since I have been here.

"We feel sorry for our travelling fans and all our supporters around the world.

"But it isn't a bad turnaround overall. Now we have to win a game next week and we have to win a Cup Final.

"There's no point me stripping paint off them in there. They know they haven't played well in that first period, I know that, an idiot knows that.

"It wasn't good enough. We feel sorry for our fans.

"There's no choice but to respond now. I am sure we will.

"I have seen enough character in these boys over the last couple of months."

Sherwood confirmed that Kieran Richardson missed the Saints game with a calf injury.

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~4721443,00.html

and then this

Tim Sherwood says he's "really pleased" to have kept Villa in the Barclays Premier League.

Villa ensured another campaign of top-flight football with a fine run of results since the arrival of Sherwood as boss in February.

The claret and blues were in the bottom three when he walked in the door.

But now we can breathe a sign of relief after results today guaranteed safety in 2014-15, despite a 6-1 loss to Southampton this afternoon.

Sherwood is further happy by the fact survival has been guaranteed with one top-flight game to go.

Now Burnley at Villa Park is on the horizon as well as an FA Cup final date with Arsenal. 

He said: "The remit when I arrived was to try and keep the football club in the division and I'm really pleased we've managed to achieve that with a game to spare.

"Our form over that period has been good.

"We've picked up a considerable amount of points within a short period of time which has been enough to keep us in the Premier League.

"As I've said on many occasions we won't be in this position again and we can now look forward to our final home game of the season against Burnley and the FA Cup final against Arsenal in the knowledge we are safe."

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~4721692,00.html

• Like 1

Overall he's done more than he was asked to do. Keeping us up was the goal and he's done that, but he's done it with style and given us entertainment rather than a Pulis way of grinding out points. It gives you a but of hope for the future. Oh and that small matter of am FA Cup Final.

9.5/10. Can change that to a job perfectly done if we win the Cup.

Sherwood is in a win-win situation right now, with potential new owners coming in.

If they keep him, he could be handed a sizeable transfer fund to mould the team as he sees fit

If they bin him (which is a possibility with new owners) the 'Sherwood Legend' will remain intact with a healthy win percentage and style of play - he would surely find another premier league employer.

Bet he is laughing his cock off.

Â