The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Something else I'm pleased about is that we came up with the goods when it really really mattered - the past two weekends. A win today would've seen us safe of course but the two previous games were far far more important. We could've collapsed under the pressure in either one but we didn't.

We most likely would've been relegated if we'd kept with Lambert but that has nothing to do with today's result. Sherwood messed up and deserves criticism today for it. 

Indeed, but that shouldn't detract from the tremendous job he's done overall.

We most likely would've been relegated if we'd kept with Lambert but that has nothing to do with today's result. Sherwood messed up and deserves criticism today for it. 

Indeed, but that shouldn't detract from the tremendous job he's done overall.

Well yeah, that's the balance really. 

Sherwood's done a good job so far but that was worrying to say the least - the defence were beyond inept. 

Today was abysmal yes,but at least we're not that bad every week like we were under the previous manger. As you say, with Lambert we would have probably gone down so Sherwood deserves huge credit for turning us around. Very poor today but willing to forgive it as the previous games were excellent, Lets hope we have got the shit performance out of our system 

koeman said it best I think, we played the offside game with a high line and that should be punished. I agree with him, soooo often seen in europe in times gone by, english side all blood and thunder, pressing, high line and offside trap, taken to pieces really easily by a team with decent awareness, passing and movement.

Sherwood has exceeded expectations with his results, he's kept us up and we've got a cup to play for too. He's young for a manager, is just starting out and he seems intelligent enough. He should learn from this. Fear of this sort of result after the 8 - 0 at Chelsea is what, for my money anyway, put Lambert so far back in his shell he disappeared. From his rhetoric you'd not be thinking Sherwood would do the same and I hope he doesn't. He's been a breath of fresh air. He's succeeded where I and others thought he would fail and he's got us playing good football along with it for the most part.

Hopefully he'll mature along with the team and today will have been valuable long term.

Edited by romavillan
  • Like 1

Premiership survival and a cup final appearance

Anyone not have settled for that after the Hull game?

We're setting up to try to win every game-It won't work every time given the quality of players we have

Anyone prefer us to revert to the "don't lose at all costs" Lambert style?

Nobody would and nobody has said they would.

Also, nobody has criticised him for setting the team up to win a game.

But there's a big difference between that and persisting with trying to win the game despite the fact its getting you absolutely battered for 90 minutes.

Be interesting to see what side he will put out against Burnley

I'd give the young kids a crack start with Hepburn-Murphy e.t.c

Who knows Gil may even get a game remember him?

Why isn't Gil playing? Does anybody know?

Every week? Give over. We sucked but we didn't concede six every week ffs. 

I wasn't on about conceding 6 every week, I was on about playing shit most weeks which we were under the previous manager. I can forgive an abomination like today as it hasn't happened often

Every week? Give over. We sucked but we didn't concede six every week ffs. 

I wasn't on about conceding 6 every week, I was on about playing shit most weeks which we were under the previous manager. I can forgive an abomination like today as it hasn't happened often

Yeah that's fine and everything but end of first season whilst completely rebuilding the squad Lambert saved us with good attacking football, then we got a total caning more than once and the rest is history. I think Lambert has been demonised enough. 

Why isn't Gil playing? Does anybody know?

Apparently its because Tim knows best.

Looking towards next season today's result might not be a bad thing.

After the end of Lambert's first season those in charge seemed to think all was fine and the job was done.

We now know that there is a lot to be done between now and next season if we are to become a stable midtable team.

Today certainly was a wake-up call, hopefully the team reacts in the right way in regards to the upcoming FA cup final

• Like 2

I'm willing to forget all about today given that we're safe now. It's been 90% good times since he arrived, some memories that will last with me forever. I haven't enjoyed watching Villa play for a long, long time, perhaps ever than I have in the last few months.

If he wins us the cup he'll be a legend forever, it will be the 2nd greatest day in our history. Lets focus on achieving that.

I'm willing to forget all about today given that we're safe now. It's been 90% good times since he arrived, some memories that will last with me forever. I haven't enjoyed watching Villa play for a long, long time, perhaps ever than I have in the last few months.

If he wins us the cup he'll be a legend forever, it will be the 2nd greatest day in our history. Lets focus on achieving that.

We've won the FA cup before as well as the league cup and division one and three and two I believe so what's the 2nd? Greatest was European cup so I'm afraid it won't be the 2nd greatest day unless you think we were only formed in 1982
  • Like 1

Â