The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

if replacing Sherwood one that isnt Moyes, no matter if Fergie left he took them to 7th. That is a huge drop for a team that ran away with the title

The two jobs are absolutely incomparable if you ask me. 

Yes, Moyes has so far shown somewhat lacking to be considered for the biggest jobs in the world. But if he comes here, we're not asking him to take over one of the biggest jobs in the world. We're not even sniffing around Europe.

What Moyes has proven he can do though, is build a solid premiership team, on a budget that's not as big as some of the teams around him. 

That is exactly what we need right now.

SOciedad is a similar size club to Villa and he isnt doing a stand out job at the moment

Are they ****. Don't be daft.

Which part is wrong?

They have won more league titles in last 50 years as us, have been in Champions League more times

You aren't wrong. I just disagree.

Historically we are a bigger club but recently you could say they are a more successful club but we're only talking from 2011 onwards. 

Either way, I don't see the similarities.

Edited by sexbelowsound

Thinking Moyes is a backwards step because of a sketchy at worst spell in charge of the biggest club in the world and an average job at a mid sized Spanish club is utterly mental.

Especially considering our current manager has lost 64% of his games.

As if we're in any situation to turn our noses up at a guy that earned the right to get the Man U hotseat from the job he did at a once-similar club like Everton.

Madness.

I've seen some daft stuff on here over the years, not least in reference to Barry Bannan.

But Moyes being a backward step on Sherwood is right up there.

Nobody is comparing Moyes to Sherwood. Moyes isnt good enough for the job, maybe 5 years ago he was but now he looks a finished force in management

Dave Bassett might be an improvement on Sherwood but doesnt mean he is good enough for the job either

• Like 1

Thinking Moyes is a backwards step because of a sketchy at worst spell in charge of the biggest club in the world and an average job at a mid sized Spanish club is utterly mental.

Especially considering our current manager has lost 64% of his games.

As if we're in any situation to turn our noses up at a guy that earned the right to get the Man U hotseat from the job he did at a once-similar club like Everton.

Madness.

the famous Alex Ferguson reference strikes again ;)

I've seen some daft stuff on here over the years, not least in reference to Barry Bannan.

Nobody is comparing Moyes to Sherwood. Moyes isnt good enough for the job, maybe 5 years ago he was but now he looks a finished force in management

Dave Bassett might be an improvement on Sherwood but doesnt mean he is good enough for the job either

Less than 3 years ago he finished 6th with Everton.

You said Moyes as replacement or Sherwood would be a backward step.

I just think he failed at United, failing at Sociedad and be a backward appointment

football management the only job in the world you can be crap and get another job

How is saying it would be a backward appointment not making a comparison between Sherwood and Moyes?

• Like 1

Here we go again.

People who think differently this time are daft and bizarre .

Can't we respect the views oothers ?

Fwiw I think Moyes is likely to be an improvement on Sherwood, although that is not guaranteed, but Zatmans points are perfectly valid.

It isn't a crime to suggest that there may be betteappointments.

Why is it being declared irrelevant what happened at United ? Just as real to say he failed with a team that won the title as it is to say he did OK with an over performing team, 

Just watched Newcastle get their 6th goal. I am hopefull that Sherwood can get us to score 6 in a game. After all, if the team at the bottom of the league can do it then so can we.

...would own goals count? Because otherwise I think the chances are slim and none...

Â