The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

If that interview tells us anything it is that we're going to see a lot of crosses and headed goals this season, which we knew already and is no bad thing. I maintain that there is no more beautiful sight in football than a goal from a diving header,

TameLoneBufeo.gif

or indeed a goalkeeper heading it on the halfway line...

tumblr_m6cldvOzbU1qgh6k3.gif

I'm not a Sherwood fan but one positive is that it's great to have an optimistic manager who is looking up rather than looking down. Lambert's negative football, press conferences, everything, were just leading us one way, to the Championship. At least Sherwood is positive and will set higher expectations than just finishing 17th.

To be honest I actually don't care what benteke or anyone else says now that they are no longer wearing our famous shirt. I thank him for what he did but I wish plop and Trekkers no good luck at all why should I ? I will wait to see his reaction if he scores against us. If he does a Yorke or young and not a platt then I won't care a jot about him. All I care about now is villa sherwood and our future.

• Like 1

Some TS charisma at work.

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/2483/9939424/Christian-Benteke-hits-out-at-Aston-Villa-boss-Tim-Sherwood

To be fair, I think the last line said most of it.

Benteke isn't really "hitting out" at Sherwood is he? 

Such a bullshit title. 

They always are bullshit titles.... but us mugs keep reading them.

Surprised Benteke brought it up though. Thought he'd do his talking on the pitch.

It's bollocks anyway, he scored a range of goals during his time under Timmy.

Look at the goal vs L'pool in the semi

To be honest I actually don't care what benteke or anyone else says now that they are no longer wearing our famous shirt. I thank him for what he did but I wish plop and Trekkers no good luck at all why should I ? I will wait to see his reaction if he scores against us. If he does a Yorke or young and not a platt then I won't care a jot about him. All I care about now is villa sherwood and our future.

I don't care what any player has to say. Including Villa's as long as they do the business on the pitch.

TS got Benteke scoring because he committed more men to attack and got the ball in the box. I may be wrong but I don't remember any individual efforts by Benteke under TS most were team goals unlike the few he'd got under PL last year where a lot like Palace were all down to Benteke. This is why I think replacing Bentekes goals will be easy as we will have more players contributing and creating compared to under PL. Benteke as a player in a like for like would be hard to replace but if he never scored last year we were knackered. I can see a lot more goals coming from the midfield and Bentekes being split between Kozak and Guestede. I'll bet with anyone Veretout and Gueye outscore Cleverley and the Snake aswell.

So.... Sherwood. Here is the thing, I've never really liked him, there I said it.

I didn't want him when we appointed him, I thought it was a mistake, I thought he was a poor man's Arry. I thought if I'm honest he was a bit of a mouth on legs and not much else. Even over the end of last season I didn't really warm to him even with the turn around in results. Then this summer I expected, well I expected to be underwhelmed as we signed a load of Spurs or ex Spurs players.

Then the last few weeks happened, the background team he has put together, the players he has signed and shifted, the decisions he has made. The way he set his stall out with Benteke and Liverpool, the way he vanished and got on with what he needed to do post Delph and the way he has put the work in. Boy has he put the hours in this summer from what I hear.

Then you watch that interview, not the hardest of interviews granted, but I find it impossible to watch that interview and not be impressed. What is more I find it impossible to watch it and not like the guy or be extremely pleased he is in charge next season. You can really see why players will play for him and see what he is trying to build.

There is clearly a lot more to him than I gave him credit for and to me it seems like he has matured a lot very very quickly these last few months.

And I'm starting to really like him which I really didn't expect.

A decent start to the season and a couple more good additions to the squad and we are going to be unrecognisable from the club we've been for the last 5 years.

I never took a dislike to him, but totally with you never wanted him. And share the same sentiment on the rest. Good post.

He's giving no credit to Sherwood for his return to form saying it would have happened anyway. Thats utter bollocks.  Hasn't done much for Belgium. I think its all down to Sherwood. 

Edited by PaulC

He's giving no credit to Sherwood for his return to form saying it would have happened anyway. Thats utter bollocks. 

You mean apart from the bit where he specifically says Sherwood helped him?

He downplayed it by saying Sherwood came at a "good time" because he was finding full fitness, like he would've scored those goals in Lambert's [12 goals in 25 games] set-up anyway. A bit needless and stupid.

Edited by Isa
  • Like 1

That article is pretty poor. Tekkers is not having a go at sherwood at all, just a difference of opinion. ridiculous

Ungrateful sod... thinks he's Billy Big Bollocks now that he's joined them.

Have you actually read the article??

He downplayed it by saying Sherwood came at a "good time" because he was finding full fitness, like he would've scored those goals in Lambert's [12 goals in 25 games] set-up anyway. A bit needless and stupid.

The bit in bold you've made up. he doesn't say that.

All he says is that Sherwood helped him, but he felt he was returning to form after his injury anyway so he was improving with or without Sherwood.

That's it. But because of the headline people are suddenly turning on him.

I personally think that article reflects poorly on Sherwood if what Benteke is saying is true.

I understand he was trying to make Benteke stay, but telling him he's a one dimensional player who can only score form crosses isn't the greatest thing he's ever said.

Edited by Stevo985

Â