The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

13th of February - how many would've bet on something like this happening - not me. This is just wonderful.

Now Tim, get us to safety and then beat Arsenal!

Thank you for today.

Edited by AVTuco

It's is incomprehensible that we can be playing the sort of football we played tonight after watching us play earlier in the season. Same shirts, different team. Every single player is so much better.

The shackles are very much off aren't. The managers confidence in himself is flowing through the players.

Are we in europe now?

If not, we will be when we beat Arsenal ;)

Brilliant stuff today.  Best performance I've seen from us for some time - huge credit goes to Sherwood for this.  I thought Agbonlahor would be a massive miss for us today, but the change in formation to suit playing Grealish and N'Zogbia was spot on.  Sanchez' suspension may have been a blessing as well - Westwood, Cleverley and Delph were all fantastic.  In fact, the whole team were - just a brilliant performance :D

I had my reservations about Sherwood coming in, and to an extent I still do.  Right now, though, he's bang on the money and delivering the kind of football I didn't think I'd see this season.  Long may it continue.

If you had told me a few months ago that I would experience such a high this season, I would have sniggered uncontrollably. Incredible.

Edited by Isa
  • Like 4

Sherwood answered a massive question for me today. Is he capable of adapting his style of play to different circumstances? After the QPR game I honestly thought he'd stick rigidly to 4-4-2 variations all the time but today he proved otherwise.

Loving the guy so far.

:flag:

Edited by sexbelowsound
  • Like 2

He managed to switch the play around to cope with Gabby's absence. That was terrific. We're not as one-dimensional as I'd feared.

A terrific day today. First because of the obvious. Second because the faith he's shown in Grealish has produced something special.

• Like 2

If you had told me a few months ago that I would experience such a high this season, I would have sniggered uncontrollably. Incredible.

I wouldnt have, I was in a ball of misery and ineptitude. No smiles to be seen when it came to Villa.

Todays performances was one of the best performances ive seen from Villa since battering Bolton 5-1 and all credit goes to the manager.

• Like 1

Are we in Europe next year now?

That's a good question. I've heard yes and i've heard no.....

100% no. We have to win it, if arsenal win it means it goes to the next highest PL team in the league.

Are we in Europe next year now?

That's a good question. I've heard yes and i've heard no.....

100% no. We have to win it, if arsenal win it means it goes to the next highest PL team in the league.

As much as i'd love to be in Europe I don't think we could handle the distraction of it. We need to focus purely on establishing ourselves as a solid PL team next season.

Â