The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

It's amazing how much football is played in the mind.

The owner, the brain.......its what makes the legs work. :)

Edited by TRO

Keep it up please Tim!

We're safe now, imo. Not mathematically obviously. But these couple of wins have got us points on the board, but more importantly the confidence levels must be rising at an incredible rate. That alone will give us enough to pick up a few more points now.

Er, we're really not safe yet.  Swansea, Man Utd, Spurs, FA Cup game, Man City.  That ain't no easy run.

Did you actually read my post?

This will be an absolute disaster. 

Contract should be conditional on us remaining in the league.

I could just about stomach this if a top quality DOF and AM are bought in. Otherwise I'm not happy with this at all, not good enough. This is a truly feckless club.  

Looking forward to a lot of wish-Lambert-hadn't-been-sacked posts.

Oh well.... How uninspiring and cheap.

I'll be impressed if we stay up now having never considered us for the drop.

Poor appointment for me. Especially a 3yr deal

BnXZt_BCUAAE7fx.jpg

We acted quickly, there is nothing else positive to say.

Underwhelmed would be overstating my thoughts

166.gif

I was waiting for that post....just glad that i was pleased with the appointment.

• Like 1

I know it's early days, and I'm only poking fun at the fellas who made those posts.  Apart from the Captain Bellend one.  That was ridiculous.

There's still a way to go yet, and those who weren't convinced from the off won't be fully convinced yet.  This is Villa after all, so there's still the suspicion it'll all go belly up fast.  He's made an encouraging start though.  We didn't deserve to lose against Stoke, and Newcastle was a narrow defeat.  I was happy to see him here, but I've been surprised by the turnaround.

• Like 1

I remember a few on here supporting Tims appointment including Markavfc40

When you read Marks posts and Listen to Tims after match interviews you can gain a good appraisal of character from what folk say and they both talk sense.

Tim Has a way to go and there will be not so good days....but I will be very surprised if this man doesn't make a big name for himself with us.

great day for the club.

Keep it up please Tim!

We're safe now, imo. Not mathematically obviously. But these couple of wins have got us points on the board, but more importantly the confidence levels must be rising at an incredible rate. That alone will give us enough to pick up a few more points now.

Er, we're really not safe yet.  Swansea, Man Utd, Spurs, FA Cup game, Man City.  That ain't no easy run.

Did you actually read my post?

I did.  Which part of mine are you struggling with?

We're not safe.  We could quite feasibly get 0 points in our next 4 league games.

I hope so mate!! Otherwise going to be very embarassing for him

And the blame lies with all those dickheads who encroached on the pitch before the final whistle and caused the game to stop.
Spot on
Between the 'could's and 'if' that clearly didn't actually happen, thus negating any need or right for the FA to order a replay, what part of nazfc's post is 'spot on'? Even given the thought of nazfc's work colleague!
And the blame lies with all those dickheads who encroached on the pitch before the final whistle and caused the game to stop.
The blame for a pitch invasion remains clearly with the people who invaded the pitch, so why state the obvious?

because the obvious to some...is not necessarily the obvious to others....as,has clearly been illustrated by the perpetrators

Who on earth has said the pitch invaders were not to blame for the pitch invasion? People may have said there were circumstances that may have contributed to an increased desire to celebrate on the pitch, such as a late kick-off on a non-workday, but I haven't seen anyone say that absolves any blame.

Hopefully our fantastic win today will steer the media away from hysteria regarding pitch celebrations.

The captain bellend one was me. I only posted it because it made me piss myself with laughter and the timing of it seemed perfect :lol:

I was actually quite positive about his appointment, glad he's doing what I thought he would. :)

I know it's early days, and I'm only poking fun at the fellas who made those posts.  Apart from the Captain Bellend one.  That was ridiculous.

There's still a way to go yet, and those who weren't convinced from the off won't be fully convinced yet.  This is Villa after all, so there's still the suspicion it'll all go belly up fast.  He's made an encouraging start though.  We didn't deserve to lose against Stoke, and Newcastle was a narrow defeat.  I was happy to see him here, but I've been surprised by the turnaround.

The post was nevertheless hard to resist i guess....just poking fun....we are ALL happy tonight.

• Like 1

Wish the media would give Sherwood more of a mention - most of the coverage seems to be about how dire Sunderland were. If Redknapp had done this I'm sure the coverage would be different.

The media have been all over Sherwood in general.  He has garnered us more attention than we've had in a long long time.

He had a Sherwood camera in the bottom corner of the screen throughout most of the West Brom league game,

I feel like the club has woken up and all it took was us to be in the edge. Not at any point did I think I would be this engaged with Villa and our football. I had forgotten what it was like to be this interested in Aston Villa and how much I love a good Villa win. 

Our style of football and passion is infectious and I am proud to be a Villa fan at the moment. 

Early days and by no means out of trouble but Thanks Tim, keep the good feelings and results coming. 

• Like 1

Â