The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I think, in the end, our survival depends on Benteke. If he can't turn himself around, we'll go down.

But, someone put it well - fans are going to suffer the worst if we go down. That should be enough motivation for all here to get behind the manager and the players. It would be pretty thick headed to do otherwise.

Maybe he doesn't want to turn himself around and is already talking with his agent looking to move elsewhere

The bloke doesn't look interested

That would be horrible. But I don't believe it. Being poor doesn't do him any favors.

Ok. A bit too early maybe but I say it now instead of in April. Randy made a bad manager appointment again.

Its only one game! I am disappointed with the result but need to give Sherwood a chance to try to change the mess the previous manager left us in

Sherwood will sort us out, but it might take longer than expected. He has inherited a poor squad low in confidence.

Really hope youre right. I dont think he will inside the next 4 games because thats when we need to be sorted out else were relegated.

Sherwood will sort us out, but it might take longer than expected. He has inherited a poor squad low in confidence.

Really hope youre right. I dont think he will inside the next 4 games because thats when we need to be sorted out else were relegated.

neither do I 

We've got 12 games left, not 4.

We've got 12 games left, not 4.

If its not turned round by the 4 then the other 8 wont matter.

Not all the problems are his fault...hes taken over a squad that cant score, can defend, as such what we do in the middle of the park matters little...not that we do much anyway.

That said what does he have to to keep his job next season. If we go down ...but only just ..he should get the chance of a full season.

But if we dissapear without a whimper - he shouldn't

Funny that, I thought that people blamed Lambert for not getting the best out of a team that is much better than it is showing. Now Sherwood is in, it's a poor squad which he needs time to rebuild. I wouldn't mind but he doesn't have a transfer window to build a squad to keep us in the league, the owner wouldn't stump up the cash even if he did and he has no proven record in the transfer market. 

My main hope with Sherwood was that he could come in and provide a quick lift to the club and players and in the short term at least we could potentially retain our premier league status. Perhaps we'll see the improvement in the next couple of weeks but if not we are in big trouble. The words of warning from Spurs fans were that he was tactically naive and stuck rigidly to 4-4-2. I think we can already see this in practice.

Edited by djdabush
  • Like 2

Yes even if we get relegated it doesn't mean he's the wrong choice. He needs to be time to build his own squad and then judge him. These are Lamberts players. Sherwood cant work miracles. 

If he's to build his own squad, then that's going to take a long time, if Randy's funding it. By the time he has done so he'll probably be on the verge leaving. Then we bring in the next man and he wants his own squad and so the cycle continues.

I thought that people blamed Lambert for not getting the best out of a team that is much better than it is showing.

Its true. They're better than this but these players have been ripped of any confidence and have no idea how to win games because of the last guy.

That can't be fixed by a new manager telling them they're good for 5 days.

I think we will see an improvement by the end of the season but it may well be too late as for some stupid reason we stuck with Lambert 6 months too long.

I don't think the squad is that poor at all, looking at them individually most would get into teams higher than us in the table (imo). And have proved at certain points, albeit few and far between, in Lambert's reign that they are actually capable of playing some good stuff.

Is going to take more than a few days to change mentalities, try to instil confidence and implement a style that will get the best out of everyone as a team and individually.

It was refreshing to see an honest post-match interview - Sherwood was right, it was an awful match between two poor teams - but I was hoping for a better reaction from the players. After a bright start we still seemed to lack confidence and as soon as we scored we went back into our shells. I thought Vlaar was at fault for both goals, and given that the partnership of Clark and Okore has been working I'd have stuck with it, and I want impressed with the subs either. Sherwood has all the confidence in the world but if he wants to back it up he'll have to do a lot better than yesterday.

Â