The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

It wouldn't be his fault and I wouldn't blame him even if we did get relegated. Not enough time imo to save this sinking ship in less than 4 months. If they had done this prior to the Jan transfer window then Sherwood and villa would have stood half a chance. Not now though imo. It's too late and we don't have belief or any fight amongst the squad. It's like trying to resuscitate a corpse. I don't envy Tim having to deal with this bunch.

If we did go down people would be hard pressed to blame Sherwood I think, although I suppose it's the manner in which we go down that would determine the response to him.

I wouldn't blame Sherwood.

But I would blame the appointment of Sherwood.

This is the thing Stevo, Lerner should take all the flak:

A. For allowing Lambert a third season.

B. For then replacing him with an inexperienced manager whilst in a relegation battle.

If we go down, for me personally, it will all be Lerner's fault. He's the man with the ultimate responsibility and, because of losing interest and being out of sight out of mind, the club has drifted into the depths of the league.

For all that we say about managers and players earning big money and not giving their all, Lerner is a billionaire and he's given less than anyone else at the club in terms of effort. It's OK supposedly losing millions but, he has a duty to the club, its staff, its supporters and, its history. To say Lerner is negligent is a massive understatement.

Yeah to be fair I put a lot of blame on Lambert but then Lerner was the one who allowed him a 3rd season and continued to keep him employed when we he needed to go months ago.

the bigger picture...learner pulled the pin in lambert when the club went into the bottom 3,this triggered the clause in contract so randy pays 1 year up to lambert in compo instead of 3 years

he bring in TS,no compo pay out as out of work (win win)

does not have to sign new players (win win)

if TS keeps us up..randy gets tv £ etc (win win)

if villa go down teki sold (win win)

delph sold for a fee as hes not a free agent (win win)

the list goes on

He isn't going to recover £150m tv money though

The asking price of £150 - 200m - would take a massive hit.

Much I don't like what Lerner is doing to the club - theres no way he wins if we are relegated...

the bigger picture...learner pulled the pin in lambert when the club went into the bottom 3,this triggered the clause in contract so randy pays 1 year up to lambert in compo instead of 3 years

the list goes on

Much I don't like what Lerner is doing to the club - theres no way he wins if we are relegated...

the asking price 150m he still carnt sell it? he wants rid & if we drop "maybe" he could flog it cheaper with the potential ,the tv para shoot payments will help.

Allowing him a third season was fine.

But he should have gone at Christmas.

100% This.

The real concern is those that run the club - couldn't see what was blindingly obvious - those people remain at the club are making the big decisions - makes me shudder...

• Like 1

Allowing him a third season was fine.

But he should have gone at Christmas.

Not for me.

38 points last season should have been worthy of the sack and i think we'd have been in a stronger position to attract a decent enough manager.

Not when your chairman is content with staying in the league.

There was no reason to believe that we would be even worse this season so keeping Lambert on wasn't a poor decision.

Obviously in hindsight it would have been much better to get rid in the summer.

But at the time I think it was fine

• Like 1

I had yesterday down as a win and Newcastle as a loss.

We hardly ever get a point at St James let alone three.

It's a monster ask tbh but it's all rectified in my mind if we win there.

Stole was bad but when you look at fixtures on paper surprise result there would be balancing things out for this 12 game run in

the list goes on

Exactly. People who think Lerner is somehow not going to care, or will even benefit, from relegation need their heads checked. It'll be a financial disaster for him. I don't doubt him caring for one second, even if just out of self-interest, but he has no-one but himself to blame. 

• Like 1

Needs to stop talking about the job and just show us!

We have spin doctors Lerner and Fox for the PR propaganda bull shite!

So you want him to stop talking to the press?

If i have to explain what i mean, well its time to give up!

In other words - you can't.

Ok.

• Like 2

We're stuffed....

A manager with no pedigree whatsoever is being asked to keep a squad bereft of quality and confidence in the division. No chance. We just played a side which has conceded 8 goals in their 2 matches yet we only managed 3 shots against them in 90 mins.... Very very poor.

If that qualifies as playing on the front foot as Sherwood had talked about then we're f###ed.

This'll be more embarrassing than Shearer trying to keep Newcastle up.

Edited by jimmygreaves
  • Like 4

I still have faith in Tim

You have to otherwise what's the point we might as well give up and look forward to championship football next season

He's inherited a nightmare and it will take time for him to put things right on the training ground

I still have faith in Tim

Don't really understand why anyone would back a manager who has done absolutely nothing in the game. I guess faith is the only accurate word to describe it.

You have to otherwise what's the point we might as well give up and look forward to championship football next season

That ship has already sailed...... Lambert might have been a disaster but he'd kept that shower of a squad in the division in previous seasons..... and, at a pinch, I'd have backed him again to do it again.

He's inherited a nightmare and it will take time for him to put things right on the training ground

Fair point - but we haven't got time unfortunately.... and TS is learning on the job.

It takes the piss!

Edited by jimmygreaves
  • Like 3

I think any fan who wanted Lambert out is in an odd position if they now consider us doomed ! Once you want a manager out you should pretty much accept the consequences.

I did want lambo gone as I couldn't see him turning it around, and I seem to recall an awful lot of people saying they would take anyone ! I hope they aren't the same people who now consider us doomed !

For my part, I think the players are good enough, lambo couldn't get the best out of them, Sherwood may or may not,( I think he will ) but whether he will or not one game isn't enough to tell is it ffs!!!

I think they employed him for his personality more than his managerial skills. The team was obviously devoid of any disipline under Lambert and Sherwood looks to have the personality to install some disipline, or so it seemed. He has brought Kmac in which also kinda confirms we needed some order in the squad. I agree he may not have a great CV for a manager, but his coaching skills have some credibity as well do Kmac's.

Again if the team produce there best we shouldn't have too many problems, but as I have said there lies the problems.......

If we don't stay up then I think its fair to say the players wern't good enough and its Lambert's signings so he takes the blame as far as I am concerned. Lambert should have been sacked before not after the transfer window. 

The last two seasons we have stayed is largely down to Benteke and since that injury he's not the same player

Edited by PaulC

I think any fan who wanted Lambert out is in an odd position if they now consider us doomed ! Once you want a manager out you should pretty much accept the consequences.

I did want lambo gone as I couldn't see him turning it around, and I seem to recall an awful lot of people saying they would take anyone ! I hope they aren't the same people who now consider us doomed !

For my part, I think the players are good enough, lambo couldn't get the best out of them, Sherwood may or may not,( I think he will ) but whether he will or not one game isn't enough to tell is it ffs!!!

That doesn't really make any sense. The two opinions are easy to reconcile if you feel that Lambert was sacked too late and Sherwood doesn't have enough time to turn things around. 

That doesn't really make any sense. The two opinions are easy to reconcile if you feel that Lambert was sacked too late and Sherwood doesn't have enough time to turn things around. 

Results are crap: "Sack the manager"

*manager gets sacked. Makes no difference*

- "I knew we should have sacked the manager earlier"

Â