The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I think any fan who wanted Lambert out is in an odd position if they now consider us doomed ! Once you want a manager out you should pretty much accept the consequences.

I did want lambo gone as I couldn't see him turning it around, and I seem to recall an awful lot of people saying they would take anyone ! I hope they aren't the same people who now consider us doomed !

For my part, I think the players are good enough, lambo couldn't get the best out of them, Sherwood may or may not,( I think he will ) but whether he will or not one game isn't enough to tell is it ffs!!!

That doesn't really make any sense. The two opinions are easy to reconcile if you feel that Lambert was sacked too late and Sherwood doesn't have enough time to turn things around.

Makes sense to me. So are you saying the fans who had these opinions gave up on our position in the prem league when Lambert got the boot with 13 league games left? That doesnt make sense to me.

Allowing him a third season was fine.

But he should have gone at Christmas.

Not for me.

38 points last season should have been worthy of the sack and i think we'd have been in a stronger position to attract a decent enough manager.

^ This. He should have been sacked before this season started. 

• Like 2

Allowing him a third season was fine.

But he should have gone at Christmas.

Not for me.

38 points last season should have been worthy of the sack and i think we'd have been in a stronger position to attract a decent enough manager.

^ This. He should have been sacked before this season started. 

I think Lambert should have been sacked in 1874. Am I winning?

and, at a pinch, I'd have backed him again to do it again.

Probably one of many few I'd imagine.

Most (including the media) had us down with a whimper under Lambert.

Probably right...... but he'd done it before.....

If you're gonna get rid of Lambert with 13 games left you spend some money and replace him with someone who has got a chance of keeping you up. An Allardyce, a Pulis or, if you're gonna take a punt, get someone with reasonable record from abroad or a lower division. It might not necessarily work but at least you'd have a chance of staying up.

Under Sherwood we're screwed...... he doesn't know how to keep a team up and when we go down he'll still be on work experience learning how to try and get a team promoted......

The board/owner have royally f***ed us over.... we're going to be meandering around the championship for the next 5 years.

• Like 3

There was no reason to believe that we would be even worse this season so keeping Lambert on wasn't a poor decision.

Season 1: 41 points

Season 2: 38 points

Season 3: Points per game followed the general trend downwards

So there was a reason to believe things would be worse. Keeping Lambert on was an awful decision.

• Like 3

There was no reason to believe that we would be even worse this season so keeping Lambert on wasn't a poor decision.

Season 1: 41 points

Season 2: 38 points

Season 3: Points per game followed the general trend downwards

So there was a reason to believe things would be worse. Keeping Lambert on was an awful decision.

2 seasons isn't a trend.

When the trend emerged he was sacked. A couple of months too late but he was sacked.

Like I said. It was perfectly fair to think that Lambert could have been better this season than last.

When it became clear that wasn't going to happen he should have been sacked. Christmas would have been about right.

• Like 1

If you're gonna get rid of Lambert with 13 games left you spend some money and replace him with someone who has got a chance of keeping you up. An Allardyce, a Pulis or, if you're gonna take a punt, get someone with reasonable record from abroad or a lower division. It might not necessarily work but at least you'd have a chance of staying up.

Under Sherwood we're screwed...... he doesn't know how to keep a team up and when we go down he'll still be on work experience learning how to try and get a team promoted......

Cuckoo land i'm afraid.

Why would any of them leave at this moment in time? They are all employed at clubs better placed than this one.

You say take a punt from abroad or a lower division but major complaints will surface that "X person has no premier league experience" or as some people claim here "The next Pepe Mel" on when a foreign name has been linked.

The way I look at it we were dead and buried under Lambert, we are dead under Sherwood but perhaps not buried yet.

• Like 1

Cuckoo land i'm afraid.

Why would any of them leave at this moment in time? They are all employed at clubs better placed than this one.

Given what's being reported about west ham I think there's every chance Allardyce would have come here.

Tom Fox himself said there was an "unbelievable" amount of interest in the job. So I think it's fair to assume our options weren't as slim as some are making out.

Edited by Stevo985

2 seasons isn't a trend.

When the trend emerged he was sacked. A couple of months too late but he was sacked.

Like I said. It was perfectly fair to think that Lambert could have been better this season than last.

When it became clear that wasn't going to happen he should have been sacked. Christmas would have been about right.

You said there was no reason to believe we would be even worse.

That is clearly incorrect. We got less points in the 2nd season than the 1st. There was therefore a clear reason.

2 seasons isn't a trend.

You said there was no reason to believe we would be even worse.

That is clearly incorrect. We got less points in the 2nd season than the 1st. There was therefore a clear reason.

And like I said, that isn't a trend.

What I meant was it was a perfectly fair assumption to think that Lambert could have been better this season. Giving him a third season wasn't a bad decision at the time.

• Like 2

Try telling statistic analysts that a sample size of 2 is enough for a trend.

I agree with Stevo. Hindsight is a wonderful thing and it wasn't that crazy to give Lambert a 3rd season.

Edited by StefanAVFC

Given what's being reported about west ham I think there's every chance Allardyce would have come here.

Tom Fox himself said there was an "unbelievable" amount of interest in the job. So I think it's fair to assume our options weren't as slim as some are making out.

On Sam, it's possible but I just don't see him walking him away from West Ham even if the heat gets turned up on him. He will/would've seen out his contract. I'm also convinced he would've wanted a transfer window, something we wouldn't have provided.

I wasn't aware on the Tom Fox comments, so can't really comment on it. Interesting if so I guess, depends who the candidates are. Wonder if he was counting Sol Campbell as one.

38 games in season 1.

38 games in season 2.

After 38 games in season 2 the trend was downwards!

But no reason to think we could be worse even though we had just proved it over 38 games!

Two seasons isn't a trend.
  • Like 1

Just to play Devils advocate -,instead of sherwood which experienced manager would have been the ideal choice? Allardyce is in a job so not viable. Too late for pulis. Mcclaren said not interested as did Lennon. Most manages are in jobs and to get them would mean negotiation and time - time we didn't have as most on here wanted a quick appointment. Adkins? Holloway? Warnock? Curbishley? Powell (ex charlton manager). I actually can't think of a manager (cos perhaps I'm not keeping tabs on who's available as I have a life

Edited by nazvfc
  • Like 1

38 games in season 1.

38 games in season 2.

After 38 games in season 2 the trend was downwards!

But no reason to think we could be worse even though we had just proved it over 38 games!

Two seasons isn't a trend.

76 games is! And we worse in the second set of 38 games than the first set of 38 games.

There was therefore a reason for us to expect to be worse yet again in the third season.

Just to play Devils advocate -,instead of sherwood which experienced manager would have been the ideal choice? Allardyce is in a job so not viable. Too late for pulis. Mcclaren said not interested as did Lennon. Most manages are in jobs and to get them would mean negotiation and time - time we didn't have as most on here wanted a quick appointment. Adkins? Holloway? Warnock? Curbishley? Powell (ex charlton manager). I actually can't think of a manager (cos perhaps I'm not keeping tabs on who's available as I have a life

Edited by Stevo985

Â