The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I think it might take him a few matches just to find a squad and formation that works for him. I wouldn't be surprised to see a very different XI next match. 

I did see a few positives today though. Sanchez seemed to have a defined role. Barely even noticed him which was good because he was doing his job. 

Has anyone said it's all Sherwood's fault?

Just wondering.

No, but let's not let that get in the way of "when Lambert..."

Let it go guys.

Bunnski and useless have. I think its daft to lay the blame on the manager coming into this mess a week into his time here.

Obviously he's not had long to work with the team, but apart from some good energy levels there really wasn't that much to crow about for us today. We gave the ball away so often it's ridiculous, especially for a team that in the last few weeks was bossing possession against better sides. I'd sacrifice some of that for more men in the box and more chances, but we had some very poor movement up top and only 2 shots on target in 90 mins. You can say this is Lambert's fault and for now fair enough, but by the time we play Albion Sherwood will have spent a bit of time with these players and we have seen the very same players in the past create way more than we have at any point this season.

Sherwood is in deep shit IMO, fair play for taking us on but the danger of changing manager at this point was Lerner and Fox were gambling on the feelgood factor and Sherwood's coaching to get us the points we need. Feelgood turned up today but wasn't enough, a few weeks of good coaching if results stay poor will mean it's too late to turn it around anyway. The timing of the owner's decision means Sherwood can't buy anyone to help us out either. 

It's very very bad for us right now, we look doomed to the Championship. Will Lerner then stick with Sherwood? I'm not saying Lambert didn't deserve to go, but unless Sherwood starts to perform some kind of miracles here then our trajectory looks the same to me. Not Sherwood's fault we're in this position, but had Lambert brought on Weimann for Gil and not Gabby people woudl have gone apeshit, had Lambert started Richardson ditto, had we only had 2 shots on target the same... it's a long old list after a performance as bad as today's, it hurts doubly as the players were bang up for it and played with a lot of energy. They just were not good enough as a collective today at all.

• Like 1

Just wondering.

Let it go guys.

Bunnski and useless have. I think its daft to lay the blame on the manager coming into this mess a week into his time here.

Well if Sherwood doesn't take the blame for the line up, tactics and subs then who do I blame for today?  

Just wondering.

Let it go guys.

Well if Sherwood doesn't take the blame for the line up, tactics and subs then who do I blame for today?

Lambert?

Some huge overreactions here, on the whole we were much improved and unlucky not to get a point, aside from a mistake you'd argue we were more deserving of the 3, and we scored a goal, a huge improvement on lambert.

I thought apart from a bright start and us being well up for it, we were poor against a poor side. Most of the second half was horrendous from both teams, full of mistakes, terrible decision making and movement, the ball was hardly on the deck for 10 minutes in the second half FFS

Is there no way we can recall Bent and pay Derby some money to recall him?

Failing that can we not bring Robinson back? we need different idea's upfront.. I wouldn't start Gabby, Weimann or Benteke at moment.

I like idea of Bent and Robinson upfront for a few games and Kozak to return!!

Anyone know if we can recall Robinson?

Not a great start, but not surprising.  Sherwood's overhaul is going to have to happen over weeks, not days.

If it takes weeks then it follows that'll it be more like years because if the impact isn't instant then we'll be relegated.

It's not going to happen it days, though.  If Villa do string a couple of wins together in the next games, that'll be at least as much down to good fortune as to the influence of Tim Sherwood.  That's why appointing a new manager to a club near the relegation zone at such a point in the season is such a risky thing (but a risk that's still worth taking).  'Instant impact' is basically an illusion, I think.

• Like 2

Just wondering.

Let it go guys.

Not sure. Who did you blame for the majority of lamberts time here?

Not a great start, but not surprising. Sherwood's overhaul is going to have to happen over weeks, not days.

If it takes weeks then it follows that'll it be more like years because if the impact isn't instant then we'll be relegated.

It's not going to happen it days, though. If Villa do string a couple of wins together in the next games, that'll be at least as much down to good fortune as to the influence of Tim Sherwood. That's why appointing a new manager to a club near the relegation zone at such a point in the season is such a risky thing (but a risk that's still worth taking). 'Instant impact' is basically an illusion, I think.

It should have happened before Xmas but this is the situation we're now in. Sherwood hasn't even spent a week with the players and his coaches have virtually spent no time with the players at all.

• Like 1

It should have happened before Xmas but this is the situation we're now in. Sherwood hasn't even spent a week with the players and his coaches have virtually spent no time with the players at all.

Which is why (if-the-queen-had-balls aspect notwithstanding) if Villa had won, Sherwood would very likely have been at pains to play down his input into the result.

We were much better than we have been in previous weeks, but still not good enough.

The lack of confidence showed in the second half.

Hopefully that's the last we've seen of Captain Craptastic. Okore in for Vlaar, Bacuna in for Gil please.

Just wondering.

Let it go guys.

Anyone but my precious Pauly Lambert...

You tried to insinuate that I blamed everything on Benteke in a post above so you obviously don't read my posts so please do me a favour and bore off nit picking everything I write when you can't even get your facts right.  Sherwood got it wrong today but if we go down this season I'll put the majority of the blame on the people running the club, less so on the managers.  

I'll leave you to patrol this thread for the foreseeable future, have fun buddy  ;)

Just wondering.

Let it go guys.

Jesus Christ.  Give it a rest.

You tried to insinuate that I blamed everything on Benteke in a post above so you obviously don't read my posts so please do me a favour and bore off nit picking everything I write when you can't even get your facts right.

Haha I said you were blaming things on benteke. Not sure who you blamed previously before that.

Sherwood got it wrong today but if we go down this season I'll put the majority of the blame on the people running the club, less so on the managers

Of course. Can't blame precious Pauly.

I'll leave you to patrol this thread for the foreseeable future, have fun buddy

No patrolling, just amusing knowing full well who would jump on the manager. No surprise two of the biggest supporters of Lambert are the two to admit they put all the blame on sherwood today.

Â