The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

It wouldn't be his fault and I wouldn't blame him even if we did get relegated. Not enough time imo to save this sinking ship in less than 4 months. If they had done this prior to the Jan transfer window then Sherwood and villa would have stood half a chance. Not now though imo. It's too late and we don't have belief or any fight amongst the squad. It's like trying to resuscitate a corpse. I don't envy Tim having to deal with this bunch.If we did go down people would be hard pressed to blame Sherwood I think, although I suppose it's the manner in which we go down that would determine the response to him.

Depends if he learns from his mistakes or not. Like he should know that Sanchez doesn't work in a central 2 and Weimann isn't a winger.
But I don't think he had enough time to realise all the dynamics and intricacies of how our guys play together and we are so inconsistent in terms of what or best team is that by the time he will have sorted out formations, line ups, tactics etc... it will probably be too late for us anyway. I doubt anyone would be able to save us this season.

Yep. How can we expect him to know what works and what doesn't after 5 days working with the players?

Not a great start, but not surprising.  Sherwood's overhaul is going to have to happen over weeks, not days.

If it takes weeks then it follows that'll it be more like years because if the impact isn't instant then we'll be relegated.

Exactly this. Whether it's 'fair' on Sherwood or not, there is no bedding in period and no time for him to develop a style of play on the training ground. He's been brought in initially with the one remit - to keep us up and he now has 12 games to do it.

There are 2 games that I think you can write off, but the other 10 are, on paper at least, winnable.

6 wins or 5 and a couple of draws should do it, but those wins have got to start coming soon or we are gone. He's been brought into to galvanise the team and get them going and he needs to deliver, otherwise it was a pointless appointment.

Totally this. 6 wins please Tim.

• Like 1

I don't think the squad is that poor at all, looking at them individually most would get into teams higher than us in the table (imo).

Seriously? Have you ever tried asking fans of the teams above us who they'd want to cherry pick? Benteke, Delph, Vlaar. That is all they say believe me.

After watching the lower league teams i.e Burnley an Leicester e.t.c, the difference between them and us are that those teams are playing to the best of there ability. Our team, even though I have been thinking we have a poor squad, are definately not playing anywhere near 100%. This is what will take us down. I still believe with every player giving there all, we have the quality to stay up. But carry on putting in these half hearted, piss poor performances we keep seeing, unlike the teams mentioned, an we are nailed on to go down,

I do believe Lambert is still to blame, being that the players have had it much too easy, we are too nice, an this comes down to poor coaching from our previous manager. Has Sherwood the time to change the players mind set? Personally im not so sure, but if he does and manages to keep us up, he deserves all the praise. 

• Like 3

There are too many players who fail to find space, so they end up being easily marked and they have no appetite for the physical challenge either....or the ability to come away with the ball.

There are simply too many factors against us and too many players suffering from them.

I'm sad to say, I think we have left it too late, for any manager to save us.

But hey, he has 12 games left.....but we need to turn the tide....I think its too big an ask.

Edited by TRO

It wouldn't be his fault and I wouldn't blame him even if we did get relegated. Not enough time imo to save this sinking ship in less than 4 months. If they had done this prior to the Jan transfer window then Sherwood and villa would have stood half a chance. Not now though imo. It's too late and we don't have belief or any fight amongst the squad. It's like trying to resuscitate a corpse. I don't envy Tim having to deal with this bunch.

If we did go down people would be hard pressed to blame Sherwood I think, although I suppose it's the manner in which we go down that would determine the response to him.

I wouldn't blame Sherwood.

But I would blame the appointment of Sherwood.

Yes - thats as I see it - I wish him all the best - but appointing a rookie whilst the club is in freefall is a very big ask IMO.

• Like 1

Needs to stop talking about the job and just show us!

We have spin doctors Lerner and Fox for the PR propaganda bull shite!

So you want him to stop talking to the press?

If i have to explain what i mean, well its time to give up!

We have been dire ever since MON left. Houllier, Mcleish and now Lambert have all failed to arrest this slump and if I'm honest I really can't see it being any better under Sherwood.

IMO It's Lerner and Lerner alone who is the architect of our demise.  

Edited by Supervillan78
  • Like 1

If we go down my order of blame would be.

1) Lambert

2) Lerner

3) The players

4) Sherwood.

I would move Lerner to the top of the list. In spite of his best intentions, which in my opinion he had when he came in, his naivity and mismanagement have definilely made him the author of our misfortunes.

If it was who to blame for seeing us in relegation battles then Lerner would be top. But Lambert's record this season was abysmal and he's pretty much destroyed the squad of confidence. If we're relegated I think he's mainly to blame for it.

• Like 1

Not a great start, but not surprising.  Sherwood's overhaul is going to have to happen over weeks, not days.

If it takes weeks then it follows that'll it be more like years because if the impact isn't instant then we'll be relegated.

Exactly this. Whether it's 'fair' on Sherwood or not, there is no bedding in period and no time for him to develop a style of play on the training ground. He's been brought in initially with the one remit - to keep us up and he now has 12 games to do it.

Which seems to be a way of saying a manager isn't really important in the current situation; you just need someone to select a team and yell at the players.  In that case, why bother appointing a manager for the medium-to-long term now?  Surely one of the backroom staff could manage the chivvying, haranguing basics until the end of the season?  Whether it's "fair" on the fans or not, a manager has to bed himself in to a degree, otherwise you end up with a nervous, impulsive trigger-happy character, and nervous, impulsive trigger-happy characters don't tend to keep football teams in the Premier League.  The bedding-in period available might be compressed more than normally, but Sherwood has to be afforded a little time to adjust to the ins-and-outs of a new job.

Edited by deck

We have been dire ever since MON left. Houllier, Mcleish and now Lambert have all failed to arrest this slump and if I'm honest I really can't see it being any better under Sherwood.

It all stems down from Lerner trusting O'Neil with £150 million quid, we have never recovered, but im sure thats a topic for another thread.

• Like 1

It wouldn't be his fault and I wouldn't blame him even if we did get relegated. Not enough time imo to save this sinking ship in less than 4 months. If they had done this prior to the Jan transfer window then Sherwood and villa would have stood half a chance. Not now though imo. It's too late and we don't have belief or any fight amongst the squad. It's like trying to resuscitate a corpse. I don't envy Tim having to deal with this bunch.

If we did go down people would be hard pressed to blame Sherwood I think, although I suppose it's the manner in which we go down that would determine the response to him.

I wouldn't blame Sherwood.

But I would blame the appointment of Sherwood.

This is the thing Stevo, Lerner should take all the flak:

A. For allowing Lambert a third season.

B. For then replacing him with an inexperienced manager whilst in a relegation battle.

If we go down, for me personally, it will all be Lerner's fault. He's the man with the ultimate responsibility and, because of losing interest and being out of sight out of mind, the club has drifted into the depths of the league.

For all that we say about managers and players earning big money and not giving their all, Lerner is a billionaire and he's given less than anyone else at the club in terms of effort. It's OK supposedly losing millions but, he has a duty to the club, its staff, its supporters and, its history. To say Lerner is negligent is a massive understatement.

Edited by villarocker
  • Like 2

It all stems down from Lerner trusting O'Neil with £150 million quid, we have never recovered, but im sure thats a topic for another thread.

The problem is even if we survive and yes of course i want that to happen, what next? Another year of trying to survive relegation?

pointless speculating though but no one can say we don't deserve to go down

• Like 1

the bigger picture...learner pulled the pin in lambert when the club went into the bottom 3,this triggered the clause in contract so randy pays 1 year up to lambert in compo instead of 3 years

he bring in TS,no compo pay out as out of work (win win)

does not have to sign new players (win win)

if TS keeps us up..randy gets tv £ etc (win win)

if villa go down teki sold (win win)

delph sold for a fee as hes not a free agent (win win)

the list goes on

Â