The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

So how good is Sherwood in the transfer market? That's a pretty important aspect for a Villa boss at the moment, with the budgeting going on.

Is the scouting network that recommended Benteke and Gil to Lambert part of the club, or is it Lambert's network. I am never too sure how that end of things works.

I believe Benteke and Gil where presented through the fruits of Paddy Reilly's labour. Funny that coutinho was a hair away from joining us and then he went to Liverpool. Not sure the exact timeline of Paddys 2 spells here but I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out he's the reason that coutinho went to Liverpool instead of us.

But yes, I think (might be wrong!) that Paddy Reilly is the man responsible for the scouting network and has been credited with pushing the club to sign Benteke.

Well, that is comforting, especially since Reilly has been involved with Cox in the choice of new manager.

Paddy, Fox and the new sporting director will run the show IMO - Sherwood is obviously going to be the manager but I think the idea is that we have some sort of structure above the manager that is in place, with a methodology running through the club rather than starting at BMH. 

• Like 2

I have been sceptical to Sherwood, but spoke with a guy at work who is a Spurs fan. He said that on reflection, he was sure that Sherwood was a lot better than he and the Spurs fans had though. He put emphasis that it was Sherwood who started playing the young players (for example Kane) and the fans were opposed to that. 

Paddy, Fox and the new sporting director will run the show IMO - Sherwood is obviously going to be the manager but I think the idea is that we have some sort of structure above the manager that is in place, with a methodology running through the club rather than starting at BMH. 

You'd hope that would be the case, still though massive grey area as to what type of person the sporting director is and where the boundaries will lie between their role and Sherwood's. I like the seperation that a head coach and a football director gives you but seeing as Sherwood has been appointed manager it's not going to work quite like that.

You'd hope that would be the case, still though massive grey area as to what type of person the sporting director is and where the boundaries will lie between their role and Sherwood's. I like the seperation that a head coach and a football director gives you but seeing as Sherwood has been appointed manager it's not going to work quite like that.

We've brought in a lot of scouts since Fox arrived, and he clearly has no problem appointing people. Seems like we may actually have some sort of plan.

I have been sceptical to Sherwood, but spoke with a guy at work who is a Spurs fan. He said that on reflection, he was sure that Sherwood was a lot better than he and the Spurs fans had though. He put emphasis that it was Sherwood who started playing the young players (for example Kane) and the fans were opposed to that.

There's an interview with him where he talks about playing Kane instead of soldado and if Kane hasn't scored for half an hour the Spurs fans still chant for soldado. He talks about Liverpool bringing players trough and the fans encourage it but at Spurs they'd rather buy someone.

The difference between the first half and second half was chalk and cheese

The gulf in class after he spoke to them in the second half was clearly evident

We had players making runs i haven't seen them make all season. 

Midfielders making runs into the box behind defenders people showing desire going into tackles it was sensational

I feel confident more than ever now were going to stay up. 

Thanks to Scott Marshall for preparing the team for today but i still think he needs to go so Sherwood can truly stamp his authority and bring in his own guys

• Like 1

Sherwood went down half time and shay just said he told them to express themselves and play to bentekes strengths. Only one game and only a half time talk but the way he celebrated shows he wants to do well here.

• Like 2

Â