The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Despite being a bit underwhelmed by the appointment I'm actually a little bit excited about what he could do. Maybe I'm just so used to the way things were in the end under Lambert that I'll take any change, but I don't feel the same way as I did when McLeish was appointed.

Indeed given he's relatively unproven there is a chance he could be a gem. 

100% behind this. He is my no.1 choice out of all the available managers. He has passion and enthusiasm (even if he is a bit of a douche a times) and that is something we have seriously, seriously lacked recently. At least things will be eventful again, if nothing else.

I will add, to keep us in the league I would want a Pulis'esq type manager...steady the ship yadayadayadayad but there isn't one available so let's just go full circle and swashbuckle our way out of the shite!!!

I'm excited by it!!!

• Like 2

I'm also excited by it!

Along with the entire playing staff, I'd accepted relegation. Now we've got a chance.

He will not be interested in getting relegated without a tremendous **** fight.

He's in the spotlight here having turned his nose up at a fair few jobs. Going down, despite it being the previous manager's fault more than his will reflect poorly on him.

I'm up for this, come on Tim!

• Like 2

Genuinely don't know how to feel about this. I think it was a tough recruitment process, not a lot of choice about.

Think this is a gamble, concerned his right hand man isn't with him. Will back him 100% yet I feel we've been flirting with relegation for too long and now it's just too late.

Hope I'm wrong.

Wouldn't be surprised to see harry redknapp as Director of football to help Sherwood. I imagine they already have a relationship. Ray Wilkins as assistant manager. Wouldn't mind a former player a coach. My wife even suggested Petrov would be great as most the current players loved him if he's up to it.

Wouldn't be surprised to see harry redknapp as Director of football to help Sherwood. I imagine they already have a relationship. Ray Wilkins as assistant manager. Wouldn't mind a former player a coach. My wife even suggested Petrov would be great as most the current players loved him if he's up to it.

Please no. Sherwood as manager isn't so bad, but no Redknob please.

• Like 1

As for Tim Sherwood, I was not exactly over the moon when I heard, it's going to be a massive change when it was change we needed and when change was what we were all asking for (well (98% at least). 

It's a huge gamble, and had Lerner gambled in the transfer market a bit more we would not be in this position in the first place risking our slice of a £5bn+ pie when the new TV deal starts, so I'm not sure how much actual sense it makes to be gambling our survival on someone with so littel managerial experience.

That said, right now only a fool would predict success or failure with so little to actually base your opinions on. His record at Tottenham is superb but it was a very small number of games really and with a very good squad indeed. What we need is him to bring in a team of top coaches with him to implement 21st century training and get the most out of what we have.

It's going to be an interesting few months!

• Like 1

When I heard the news earlier today I just felt all hope drain out of me. I feel this is a disaster Billy McNeil style.

It isn't the prospect of Relegation, which isn't something new in my lifetime of supporting Villa, I just can't see Sherwood building any longterm plan.

I am probably biased as I didn't like him as a player either.

Why not? He sorted Spurs academy out 4-5 years ago and gave Kane his debut. If he can do the same here I'll be happy as it's what we need.

What's long term in football nowadays anyway?

• Like 1

No one really knows how good a manager he will be. He's not signed one player yet, he's only played 21 premier league games and there were mixed results. A win percentage of 59% is nothing to be sniffed at, but he did get easily beaten by the top teams. His tack ticks seem rather simplistic, but that's all you can employ in a short term mid season take over. But he's a well respected coach within the game, and that's all he can do with 13 games remaining.

A lot will depend on who he can bring in with him. Play to his best players strengths (which Lambert seem to forget, then dropped him) make things simple and get the players behind the him.

I truly think this squad is capable of 11-15th, Lambert had lost the plot, but now there's new hope.

Edited by Oaks

Instead of looking forward to seeing Sherwood drop the likes of Cleverley and Agbonlahor, i'm actually more excited to see if he can get them playing well again. Going to give the players a fresh start now that they aren't going tk be given bizarre tactical instructions.

• Like 1

Â