The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I just hope Sherwood sorts out the mess Lambert has left us in.

Whether he is the right man - time will tell.

However IMO we should all support him and see if he can keep us up.

He'll struggle to be worse than the previous manager and his dull, failed tactics.

• Like 3

All I know is, it can't possibly get any worse under Sherwood than it's been under Lambert.

Well, let's hope so.  But my biggest worry is that given our current position, we need someone with experience to get us out of the shit...hit the ground running with no tinkering and steer us out of relegation.  The key word I used there was experience, something this manager will have an abundant shortage of.

I would have been a lot better feeling had Tim joined us at the start of a season, where he can have time to bed in...and apply his own ideas.  Because his ideas are largely of unknown quantities.

It's the biggest risk we've taken to date, but the exciting upshot is it is really an unknown and who knows what will happen for the rest of our season...could be our savior!

On the scale of risk, you could have said that before the hull result - having lambert see it out to the end of the season may have been lesser.  But it was certainly time for him to go after that, when we can't do anything against fellow strugglers...and now we have both worrying and exciting times ahead of us.

He get's my unquestioned backing when I go down to villa park, and I will be really hoping for him to do well with us.

• Like 1

Ever skeptical of the love for Mr Sherwood, I took a look at a prominent Spurs forum.

The view was skewed towards laughing at us.

I wonder what they see that so many in this thread don't? Maybe it's desperation that blinds us to the obvious - he's a man of little experience whose gilet-chucking and inviting a fan to sit on the bench might amuse some, but only reveals him to be a quick-buck rainmaker. A self-promoter and headline grabber with little to suggest he has a bright managerial future.

I think this is a poor appointment. Sherwood is a man who seems most gifted at building 'Brand Sherwood' - the big mouth, tough-talking cockney Clint Eastwood. That gets him media attention, which links him to jobs, which gets him media attention, which links him to more jobs.

As one Spurs fan put it, Sherwood is the biggest confidence man around.

Let him manage one game before you make a judgement eh?

Who cares what spurs fans think i certainly don't

He's an upgrade on Lambert we would have been relegated under Lambert anyway

I would have preferred something more long term but nobody realistic was willing to come in at this time

If he takes us down he takes us down deal with it

• Like 1

I think if we had got Mourinho some people on here would still moan! There's a few interviews where Sherwood comes across quite cocky then there's a Goals on Sunday interview where he comes across great. For me I'll judge him on his time at Villa. I think he'll have an instant impact which hopefully will keep us up. We have a lot of players in the comfort zone ATM and they need getting out of it.

• Like 2

He wasn't my first choice....and I'm pretty pissed off the club have jumped at the first guy available. the persona he's portrayed so far is like a discount 'arry Redknap but....he's the guy in the gillet so we back him until he proves to us we shouldn't.

All I want is to be able to watch match of the day and be proud. That's all. Just to be proud. Proud of the team, proud of the league position, proud of the club. If he can do that he's OK in my eyes.

Edited by Eames
  • Like 1

I've no intention of getting behind him. He's a charlatan.

Probably one of the most narrow minded, one eyed posts I have ever read one his forum. Glad to see you and Richard are fully behind the manager and the team.

• Like 1

I wasn't keen on him at all to be honest. I thought, and still think that he's a bit of a clown.

He's been appointed now, I was at work when it happened and a colleague (who is a Spurs Season ticket holder) said that we could have ended up with a lot worse. 

The more I think about it, the more I think that I wasn't keen as I had some misguided hope that we'd get a Prandelli, De Boer or a Klinnsman. I'm impressed that Fox has moved so quickly and got our man, as I think it was needed. Any of the others we would have been fannying around for ages trying to negotiate deals with their clubs or sorting them out with accommodation, you know, all of the usual bedding in things.

I always felt if we got Sherwood he'd pretty much be ready to go straight away. In fact, if we're losing at Half Time tomorrow, and looking like rubbish, I can see him throwing convention to the wind and ending up on the touchline for the second half managing the team. That's how unpredictable he is, and it's something I can buy into.

Despite my reservations, he's the Aston Villa manager now, and I'll support him 100%.

• Like 4

Â