The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

If we must go down, I just want to go down fighting. I want to see our players defend the badge. There's a lot of tradition. There are a lot of proud ghosts of the past haunting Villa park. There are a lot of children who love Villa without a drop of cynicism. 

I just hope that no matter what happens, our players fight to the end and that we honor who we are to the last kick.

If they do all that, we can't lose!

Edited by Shifted To Neutral
  • Like 3

I was not in any of the two camps anti or pro lambert I'm in the Aston villa camp. I supported villa when the previous chairman dismantled our cup winning squad got us relegated. Hired a manger from Shrewsbury town. You know what ? Still gave 100%support to the team and manager.

Just something about Tim really does remind me of Gregory. Gregory was a Spurs fan when younger but became villa through and through. I don't care if he pisses off the prima donnas like gabby or anyone else that thinks they don't need to put a shift in. Tell the players they were shit if deserved. If the poor diddums don't like it tough titty. You do your best for our club or on yer bike (or in your Lamborghini). Each one has to impress the new gaffer and not be pampered.

Something tells me we will see a performance tomorrow. They are in danger of losing thier place so up your game put in a shift and show you're worthy of wearing the shirt. I'll give Tim 100% backing as I do each manager. We put our faith in you - repay us by getting us up the table and let's start next season and show the PL we are no longer a laughing stock. There had my day!!!

Top post, spot on.

I agree as well, I think we will see a performance tomorrow, freed from the shackles of Lambert's negative one dimensional tactics.

Edited by Harry

They key for us clearly as a divided base is he wins games early. 

Bound to lose some, and I hope it's more so when we are safe (if he can get us there). 

we win 2 out of Stoke, Newcastle and West Brom. 

The Key one is Stoke it really is. 

When you at those weekend fixtures it's largely bottom plays bottom. 

Hence after that weekend, the table is going to split down there, quite clearly. 

The weekend after it's more top half vs bottom half albeit with Leicester v Chelsea postponed until later (which will be Leicester game in hand later in the season). 

So again a point at Newcastle would be pretty tasty and decent for us that week. 

Then the final of those three games is the big one... check this out for fixtures and what a win would do to our position 

Man City v Leicester

QPR v Arsenal

Liverpool v Burnley

Hull v Sunderland

Again that's going to split the table. Unless they all beat the top sides and Hull v Sunderland is a draw. 

So if we get off to a good start of Win, Draw, Win, I think it will become clear this season (short of regular lower side shocks against top teams) that 40 is going to be easily enough to be safe, I think it might be as little as 35 this year. 

Ever skeptical of the love for Mr Sherwood, I took a look at a prominent Spurs forum.

The view was skewed towards laughing at us.

I wonder what they see that so many in this thread don't? Maybe it's desperation that blinds us to the obvious - he's a man of little experience whose gilet-chucking and inviting a fan to sit on the bench might amuse some, but only reveals him to be a quick-buck rainmaker. A self-promoter and headline grabber with little to suggest he has a bright managerial future.

I think this is a poor appointment. Sherwood is a man who seems most gifted at building 'Brand Sherwood' - the big mouth, tough-talking cockney Clint Eastwood. That gets him media attention, which links him to jobs, which gets him media attention, which links him to more jobs.

As one Spurs fan put it, Sherwood is the biggest confidence man around.

• Like 2

I reckon Sherwoods first team will look like this..

-----------------------Guzan---------------------

Hutton--------Okore--------Baker---------Ally

Cole----------Gil------------Delph--------Jack

-------------Weimann-----Benteke------------

he'll sit down and talk with Vlaar and ask him if he wants to be hereof leave.

strange looking side but hell definitely do something no-one expects.

Baker?? Sherwoo out!

Never mind Baker ... Cole !! ...Sherwood out

• Like 1

Looking on a Sunderland forum they thought our getting Sherwood was great news for them, and at a few Queens Park Rangers forums from when they were linked with him and hardly any of them seemed to be interested in him having the job. I wonder what the reaction would be on here if instead of getting the Villa job, he got the Sunderland or Hull jobs.

Hope he can prove the doubters wrong.

I think hes shite

Tbf I don't think he's managed long enough to really judge

I think he'll get a few wins early doors and then maybe get found out ... but hopefully by then we will be safe ,

And then in the summer new owners come in and we have Arsene Wenger as manger and Messi and Ronaldo in the side

• Like 4

I think hes shite

Tbf I don't think he's managed long enough to really judge

I think he'll get a few wins early doors and then maybe get found out ... but hopefully by then we will be safe ,

And then in the summer new owners come in and we have Arsene Wenger as manger and Messi and Ronaldo in the side

yeah and i'll be rimming Lilli Simmons.....

but yeah hopefully we win early and get safe before April which is a month I will not enjoy.

If he stops playing Sissokho and Hutton as creative full backs/wingers. we will already be half way there.

Why? Teams need their full backs to get involved in the attacking phases more and more now. I assume you mean that they shouldn't be our only creative outlet?

I think Sherwood will appreciate a worker like Hutton - I assume their paths crossed when Hutton was at Spurts?

Incidentally, does anyone think we'll benefit massively from potentially going for 2 up front? Both Andi and Gabby work so much better either centrally or working a channel, Benteke should be able to either stay further forward or drop deeper to receive the ball without us having 0 presense in the opposition box now.

Because the way they cross a ball we will still have problems scoring, an even the likes of Ronaldo would have a problem getting on the end of them.

Â